Search all in the iPad question

davidmedina

If I do a search all in the iPad for a word. Is there a wa y to check on result out and then go back to the search results?

See my next comment below to clarify what I am trying to do.

Edited by davidmedina

I'm not exactly sure what it is you are trying to do but the following may help.

As long as you amplify from the result you can use the arrow in the heading to go back.

The search is saved in the history so in the worst case you could rerun the search.

Sorry, I wrote my question half sleep and I don't think I was too clear. .

This is what am trying to do. I am trying to dig deeper into the word "Workmanship" in Ephesians 2:10 (Poiema).

I. Amplify from the Instant Display

I first pressed to get the instant display and then did amplify as you suggest, first by word and I get Easton's and then by key number and I got Mounce Greek Dictionary. helpful both but I wanted to go deeper.

My first question. This is what I want but can I go behind the first tool it shows? Can I go deeper from the "amplify" to other tools? or it will only give me one tool?

II. Search from the Instant Display

Because I think the answer is that with Amplify I only get one tool I then did the search from the instant display pop up window. But what it does is to search for hits in the text. Not what I am looking for.

III. Search all (loupe).

Next, from the text (I am using the ESV) I did a search all by clicking in the loupe on the right top. But that only searches in the text and it was helpful to find how many times that word shows up in the New testament (the range I selected). Still, not what I am looking for.

IV. Search library

I went out to the Library and in top there is a Search bar for the entire Library. I entered the word Workmanship and no results at all. This is very strange because I have enough resources, including Easton's, to give me some result. I also entered the word Poiema and goat no results.

I even selected the Greek tools and entered both words: Workmanship and Poiema and no results either.

Then I realized that the search library seem to be for searching for tools only and NOT content inside those tools in the library. In other words, to search for the tool Louw-Nida or Easton's and not for something inside those tools.

So what I should asked was How can I search all the tools in my library for, for example, the word workmanship and/or Poiema? How do I do that?

Edited by davidmedina

OK. That now makes more sense. There is no search all on the IOS app that I know of. I checked the help to make sure and there is no indication of it there either.

If you get Mounce Dictionary from your amplify you can select the Greek word poiema and amplify from that to your preferred Greek lexicon. In my case I go to BDAG. I can then go back to Mounce then back to the passage/search results.

Edited by Steve King

Thanks, Steve.

I have a new item for my wish list… a search all for the mobile app. :)

Hi David, you can continue to amplify to new resources by pressing the search button after the initial amplify, and then changing the resource in the resource button near the top left.

If that isn't clear I will post a screen shot example.

Thanks Ken. I did find that option. While it will get me where I need to go, specially using amplify, a search all would be very nice addition.

I am sure the iOS dev team have seen this thread. I have no idea about whether it is even possible in iOS as it stands though.

Thanks for the ideas.

Agreed.

:)