Install Dramas

Ron

I have just installed 6.1 & 6.4

I'm having problems opening the program. I've installed onto 2 iBooks with the same results - no responses.

Are there some simple tests I can run?

I have just downloaded the new 7 but I don't want to open it until the CD programs are working OK.

Ron

You will need to call for tech support, but we are flooded with inquiries at present. I cannot possible understand what you mean by "no responses."

Ron, by 6.1 and 6.4 do you mean the Library 6.1 CD and the 6.4 application, or have you installed two different versions of the application onto the two iBooks?

By "no responses," do you mean that clicking the dock icon does nothing? Or is there a crash? Any message at all from Accordance?

Finally, have you tried going into your Applications folder, into the Accordance folder, and double clicking the Accordance 6.x application?

A few specific answers might go a long way to helping you here...

You will need to call for tech support, but we are flooded with inquiries at present. I cannot possible understand what you mean by "no responses."

Helen

`no responses' - `will not open'

Ron

I'm also in Jerusalem which makes a call to Technical Support a little difficult

Ron, by 6.1 and 6.4 do you mean the Library 6.1 CD and the 6.4 application, or have you installed two different versions of the application onto the two iBooks?

By "no responses," do you mean that clicking the dock icon does nothing? Or is there a crash? Any message at all from Accordance?

Finally, have you tried going into your Applications folder, into the Accordance folder, and double clicking the Accordance 6.x application?

A few specific answers might go a long way to helping you here...

Sorry I was wrong about 6.4. I installed 6.1 [2 discs] I have just installed upgrade to 7.

On my wife's iBook I have not been able to open either icon [Discs a and b] I could open `disc a' initially but not `b'

On my own machine I am now getting a message saying I do not have write permission to open the file.

I also do not understand why this program is installed onto the HD and not put into the Applications menu.

I cannot be more detailed as I do not yet understand all that I'm supposed to have done with this install.

Ron

Ron,

It sounds like you are having issues with the dock icon.

Drag it off the dock. It should disappear in a puff of smoke.

Now open your Applications folder. You should have an accordance folder in there. Open it. Inside is the program. Double click on it. If it runs, you are golden. All you need to do is drag the program icon to the dock and now you can click on it as you expect.

If you are still having permissions problems, inside the applications folder is a utilities folder. Inside that is a program called "Disk Utility" Double click on it to open it. You will see a button called "repair permissions." Click on it. Restart your computer and you should be good to go.

Joel

Ron, you can move your Accordance folder from the root (=base level of the hard drive, which is what you'll see when you double-click the Macintosh HD icon) into the Applications folder without any harm. I'm guessing, but can't confirm on my machine, that your 6.x installers are putting it in the root and that the 7 installer updated it in place.

If repairing permissions as suggested doesn't help, then I suggest downloading the newly released 7.0.1 updater over your existing installation, once it has been placed into the Applications folder.

Thanks for the follow. Helen actually phoned me. I had a local Mac Tech come in and get both of my iBooks working. They crashed for some reason.

Both are working OK now and I'm having a great challenge learning to get around in Accordance.

I really appreciate the concern and service which you and Helen have provided. Thank you

Ron

Removed new post from the quote of the previous post.

Archived