Search terms won't clear in v1.5

borquist4all

While I agree with other posters that v1.5 introduces some good new features and improvements, I'm having major problems with the search feature. I can't get search terms to clear in my install, and now Accordance is "stuck" - it will only show the search results. This is happening on my iPhone 3GS with 8GB of memory.

When I'm done with the search and want to go back to reading mode, I touch the magnifying glass icon and then the clock symbol in the upper left corner next to the search term field. I see my search history and touch the "new search" selection at the top. In v1.4 this would take me immediately back to reading mode with no search results highlighted. Now it returns me to the search screen. Touching "cancel" takes me back to the text, but still with the list of hits from the search. Once I was able to clear the search terms by touching "clear" at the search history window and then "new search", but now that doesn't seem to work any more.

I've tried force quitting Accordance and restarting it. I've tried turning off and restarting the iPhone. I've tried a soft reboot (power switch + home button restart). The only thing left is to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.

Any suggestions on how to get search terms to clear reliably?

Thanks!

Bruce

Bruce:

We've removed the option to clear the current search and return to the reading mode from the History view. It was just too difficult for users to easily discover.

In its place we've added a "Reading" button that does the same thing. It only appears when you are displaying search results in the main view. Just tap on the retro looking glasses button (I've circled it in the image below) and it will do the right thing.

post-18683-0-40100400-1340037858_thumb.png

Hope this helps,

Scott.

• Like 1

Hi Scott:

Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I could have read about this new feature in the new v1.5 user's manual, but since I didn't thanks for pointing it out. I absolutely agree that the old method (which I was still trying to use!) was very unintuitive, so congrats on the change. Now that I know what the glasses are for I'm a real fan. I also like how returning to reading mode puts me in the top passage of my list of hits. Way more convenient.

Thanks again, and blessings,

Bruce

New Features in the iOS 1.5 are listed here, there is no need to go through the entire Help.