odd marks after paste

danzac

I have my Hebrew preferences set to export in unicode with no marks (cantillation, vowels, etc). When I paste into mellel (the Hebrew font is the SBL font) I am getting weird marks. The verse in question I am pasting is Dan 7:13. The marks (usually three small marks right on top of each other on the top line) usually sit around the 'im.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I tried to reproduce your problem, but cannot. Which versions of Mellel and Accordance are you using?

I'm not seeing any extraneous marks; I'm running:

SBL Hebrew 1.12

Mellel 2.1.3 (build b1)

Accordance 7.1

BHS-W4 4.4.3

OS X 10.4.8 (Intel)

Maybe one or more of these is slightly different in your setup?

my setup is identical to J.P.'s

Try copying and pasting from Accordance to Mellel. Do not 'copy as citation' (by the way, copy as citation doesn't put quotes around the Hebrew properly either for me, it clusters the open and close quote together just before the reference in parenthesis).

If I copy as citation, the paste goes fine, besides the quotations. But when i highlight just a few words in Accordance and copy and paste to Mellel I get the mystery marks.

I have found the problem. I was pasting as plain text, which was for some reason adding the marks. A regular paste eliminated the marks I was getting.

Archived