Automator Actions

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

One thing I'd like to see on the list of future features is Automator Actions. They could significantly speed up the way I work. For example:

I have a User Tool (from Accordance Exchange) with the RCL readings for each Sunday. When I begin my sermon prep, click each of the Scripture references to bring up a separate tab for them in my workspace. For OT readings, I set up a tab with NRSV, NET, BHS and LXX; NT readings are NRSV, NET and GNT. While it does help to have a workspace set up this way and change the readings from week to week, I still have to turn recycling on in the corresponding tab, go back to the user tool, click the right reference, to back to the Scripture tab, turn recycling off, and go to the next tab. It would be really swift if I could create an automator action that would set up a tab the way I wanted--especially if it showed up in the contextual menu, so I could right click a Scripture reference and choose "OT tab setup" and have automator do all the actions needed to set up the tab for me.

I'm sure you've got a lot of items on your "features to add' list, and this one may wind up at the end, but it is something I'd find useful.

Archived