Hebrew line break

Ken Han

Hi.

I'm on 10.2.8 with Accordance 5.7c. When I copy-paste Hebrew text into Mellel, I have a problem with long verses breaking up. For example, when I copy paste Gen 1:1, "bereshit" - the first word gets place BELOW the rest of the verse. It seems I have to jump through a number of hoops (mostly copy-paste of individual words) to have the words that come toward the end of the verse to break and be place below the rest of the verse. When it happens with a verse or two, no big deal, but when I'm dealing with a longer passage, it's aggrevating. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ken

Ken:

To work effectively with Mellel you MUST upgrade to Accordance 6 which will export to Unicode which is what Mellel is designed to handle. If you do this, the Hebrew text will be treated as true right-to-left text which will wrap and you can edit as you want.

Right now you must be keeping Yehudit or another old-style font, which outside of Accordance is a regular left-to-right font, so to avoid bad line wraps just narrow the pane in Accordance before you copy the text.

Archived