Duplicate files after installation

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

First of all, let me say that I'm loving Accordance. Had I realized it was back compatible to system 7, I would have purchased it long ago!

I am now working on a rather old iMac running system 9 (a great improvement from my Performa running 7.3!!), and installed Accordance 6.8 and the NRSV module. When I installed 6.8, while waiting for my CD's to arrive, the installer installed two copies of the Accordance program, the second one with a 2 at the end of the name. I decided to trash this duplicate copy. After doing so, I found that I couldn't access Accordance Help from within the program. (This may have been a separate problem, as I didn't try access the help file before trashing the duplicate).

Once my CDs arrived, I installed the Introductory Level and the NRSV module. I only ran the NRSV installer once, but I ended up with two NRSV modules in Accordance (NRSV and NRSV 2). I was at my parents' home this week and noticed that the same thing had happened on my mother's computer. (She has Accordance 6.1 on an iBook running a pre-Tiger version of OS X.)

When I ran the 6.8 installer again after installing the files from the 6.1 CD (as the 6.8 installer had requested) I again had two copies of the Accordance program. Now I can access the Accordance Help from within Accordance.

Should I get rid of the duplicate files, or just let them sit there?

Thanks again for a wonderful program and such great customer service. I was thrilled that I could download the program and a starter package to tide me over until my CDs came. I also love the amount of flexibility in choosing translations and other modules. Several years ago I needed to purchase a Bible program for Windows for the church I was serving. I was frustrated with how hard it was to find a package that included the NRSV. I think your policy of offering a wide variety of English translations and letting your customers choose is great business sense!

Blessings,

Lorinda Hoover

Lorinda:

Thank you for the positive feedback.

The NRSV2 is NOT a duplicate module! The Septuagint, which is the source of the Apocrypha, contains alternate versions of certain passages, and we put these into a second module, so most Bibles that include the Apocrypha have a module2 and often a notes2 as well. To see the contents of one of those module, choose it in the Search text pop-up menu and enter *.

I cannot imagine why you got duplicate copies of the program. You need to keep only one copy, if you are sure they are duplicates. The program needs to stay inside the Accordance folder.

Archived