Is the Revised EBC worth the Price?

Dieudonne

I have the first edition of the Expository Bible Commentary Set (EBC) and I am considering to upgrade to the revised. In what ways is the revised edition better? Are the differences worth the $460 on the Accordance platform?

Thanks

Edited by Dieudonne

For me personally I would say no... It is a good revision but it is a high price. And admittedly you are not going to lose them but the original articles you have in volume 1 are not in the new set. Some items are virtually unchanged other books of the Bible are completely revised or replaced. I personally would try to save up a wee bit more money and buy Word Biblical Commentary: 58-volume set. ($599, but the 20% anniversary discount it would be down to $479).

-Dan

• Like 1

I agree with Dan. I have both, but would not have paid full price for the upgrade – it was discounted when it was introduced.

I have WBC-NT. A technical OT commentary isn't much help to me now because don't know any Hebrew yet, so I didn't buy the whole thing. I do like and use the NT volumes.

I will admit to frustration in the sets that aren't complete at this time. Not Accordance's fault, since the 'missing' volumes haven't been published. But it seems that a lot of the sets I own are missing Luke, Acts or 1 Corinthians! Oh, well, I've got more than enough to keep me busy for a lifetime.