Downloads in Mountain Lion

Helen Brown

Some users are encountering hangs and crashes on Easy Install and Check for Content Updates, on validation or on download. This is due to a bug in Mountain Lion.

As reported elsewhere: A developer (Daniel Jalkut) believes his user's networking related crashes are caused by a bug in Advanced Network settings, specifically "Auto Proxy Discover."

You can uncheck this option in System Preferences/Network Preferences/Advanced/Proxies. Then try the login and download again.

Note: the article recommends turning both "Auto Proxy Discover" and "Automatic Proxy Configuration" off. I've had no issue with either Easy Install or Check for Content Updates with obth of them off.

I had to turn auto proxy discover off. It solved my crash problem

• 4 weeks later...

My issue is importing my library from Accordance 6 or 8 or whatever I had into Accordance 10 which I had to purchase to run on Mountain Lion.

I was very happy with Accordance before; now I have the starter which is just a shell without content. Can anyone give me simple instructions to import my library?

Hi malley,

the instructions for importing the library are different for v6 or v8, so it matters which version you have.

Either way, by far the easiest way to do it is to give our friendly support staff a call and they will work it out with you and get you up and running in no time. I suspect you were on a pre v8 version, because usually v10 will use v8/9 automatically.

Edited by Ken Simpson

• 1 month later...

I've tried the above solutions and I'm still having problems with easy install. At first it appears to be successful. But then It shows the message "Internet connection timed out - process cancelled." There is no problem with my internet connection. Just previously, I had successfully downloaded the Accordance 10 dmg file (253MB). I have about 29 files to download (200MB) and rarely get past #5 of 29.

Hi,

When I am having trouble like this (not for a while) I download things one at a time. It's a pain, but it seemed to work for me.

I haven't seen the problem for a while.

• 2 months later...
I've tried the above solutions and I'm still having problems with easy install. At first it appears to be successful. But then It shows the message "Internet connection timed out - process cancelled." There is no problem with my internet connection. Just previously, I had successfully downloaded the Accordance 10 dmg file (253MB). I have about 29 files to download (200MB) and rarely get past #5 of 29.

I have the same problem from my computer, my ipad and my iphone! It's in impossible to have the list of purchases and updates since the upgrade on iphone and ipad application!!

I have the same problem from my computer, my ipad and my iphone! It's in impossible to have the list of purchases and updates since the upgrade on iphone and ipad application!!

The only solution that worked for me was to try a different internet connection (other than my satellite broadband). Strangely, I've never had this problem with any other software downloads. But Accordance downloads consistently are problematic with my internet connection. Maybe they could revise the module download delivery system?

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I tried this and it worked for 10.x and Mountain Lion:

System Preferences > Networks > (Your Network, mine was school wifi) > Advanced > Proxies > Uncheck: "Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)" at the bottom and everything else in the menu

Hope this helps.

:(:angry::angry: Now it's even impossible to sync my iphone with my desktop computer. It's even don't connect to check the update!!!! Why should I be obliged to update to version 10 and I'm not sure that it will solve my problem!!!!

To show my good will, I decided to buy the new version, but... I CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE .DMG FILE FROM THE WEB SITE!!!! YOU HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM OF ACCESSIBILITY ON YOUR SERVER!!!

NB: I'm connected from Lebanon!!!

I am sorry about the hassles you experience. The downloads work just fine in the land to the south of Lebanon. Perhaps there is a firewall at your current location and you can try from another location. Or perhaps these Mountain Lion tips will help:

FTP Error:
One of the crazy bugs in Mountain Lion (not fixed in 10.8.1) is the function of the system sleep. When the system sleeps it really SLEEPS! (As if it's gone to bed after swallowing two bottles of something very strong … ) I and others have found that the sleep in Mountain Lion messes with various things and is decidedly annoying.

It dawned on me that this might be the problem with my Accordance download (it is 0.9GB after all). So I tried temporarily setting the computer to 'never sleep'. That did the trick, and my Essential collection has now duly downloaded without incident :)

Crash on downloading through Easy Install or Check for Updates:
Some users are encountering hangs and crashes on Easy Install and Check for Content Updates, on validation or on download. This is due to a bug in Mountain Lion.

As reported elsewhere: A developer (Daniel Jalkut) believes his user's networking related crashes are caused by a bug in Advanced Network settings, specifically "Auto Proxy Discover."

You can uncheck this option in System Preferences/Network Preferences/Advanced/Proxies. Then try the login and download again.

Regarding the sleep issue, I'd recommend Caffeine. It's free, available in the app store and it makes it convenient to avoid sleep when necessary. It also works with Mountain Lion.

post-29901-0-03061000-1361085619_thumb.png

Edited by Chuck Schneider

Hello all,

I tried this and it worked for 10.x and Mountain Lion:

System Preferences > Networks > (Your Network, mine was school wifi) > Advanced > Proxies > Uncheck: "Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)" at the bottom and everything else in the menu

Hope this helps.

I tried this, but it was unsuccessful. Download problems still persist.

Have you recently replaced your hard drive?

Mountain Lion had a specific problem with one brand of hard drives. I'm sorry, but I don't remember which one. They kept going to sleep, even when all preferences were set to disable sleep. My problems occurred about 20 minutes into backing up using Time Machine. I was never able to solve the problem, even after installing the new firmware the HD company provided. I eventually returned the drive and swapped it for another brand. Problem eliminated.

If you are sure the HD is not the problem, then I suggest you try to find a different place with a really great internet connection. [a local library? a Starbucks?] Download the program in the background and work on your computer, doing something else while the whole thing downloads.

Good luck!

I've been meaning to write about this problem for 2 months. I have Accordance 10.1.1 on Mac OS 10.8.2 and I live in Mongolia. About 2 months ago all updates via the accordance program stopped working. I tried downloading the installer file like you suggested elsewhere from the accordancebible site and those dmg files will not download, I get a time-out error. Even the Lighting the Lamp podcasts downloaded via iTunes will not download since 2013 started. I had no problem in the Fall of 2012 using Mountain Lion and updating my accordance program and content. So I am wondering did Oak Tree institute some black list for IP addresses in Mongolia? I'd like to be about to update the program and update the content but am unable to. In my advanced network settings all proxies were already unchecked, only the "use passive FTP mode (PASV)" was checked at the bottom. I tried doing all the updates and downloads with it unchecked and had no success.

I am able to download files from other sites fine, download via iTunes and the App store just fine so my internet connect is working fine.

- Jason

After so many try, I discover that the Parental Control of my Internet Service Provider was blocking the access to the mirror site of accordance download. they are trying to fix it now, and during this time, i turned it of.

Thks for all!!