Accordance 11 Installation Problems

Daniel R

I updated my personal computer (13 mac book pro retina) with no problems.

But my work computer (old 13 mac book pro) is a different story. Our IT department recently upgraded all Mac users to Yosemite, but there were problems going to Yosemite with everyone except me, I was told.

I move Acc 11 into my applications folder replacing Acc 10, then I double-click and get "The location of the file "Module Log" has changed (or it has been deleted) since Accordance accessed this file last time."

So I tried completely removing all Acc files from my work computer (following Joe's steps here #9 http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6560). Then I put those same files from my personal computer onto a flash drive and re-installed everything according to Joe's instructions (which is what I always do with a new machine and never had problems before). But I get the same "Module Log" message.

help please

Please try removing the module log from both Accordance Preferences folders:

user/Library/Application Support/Accordance

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences

and remember that to see your user Library you must press option as you open the Go menu in the Finder, unless you have made it visible by other means.

I have this problem too. I couldn't find any module logs in the locations you describe. I also tried a spotlight search and came up with nothing I did find a file called "module installation log" and I deleted it. It didn't help, now I don't recall where it came from and wonder if it is important. This is on a macbook 13" with Yosemite.

I am getting the same dialog box. "The location of the file "Module Log" has changed or it has been deleted since Accordance accessed this file the last time.

We would like to screenshare with you to diagnose the problem. Please send me your contact information.

Got mine fixed. Deleted everything and used the installer first instead of using my backed up files. All working now.

I got the program to install by downloading Version 11 instead of using the built in updater. However, the new problem is that after allowing the program to re-arrange all the modules, almost everything is stuck under one folder called "other books". This includes study bibles, commentaries and just about everything else but texts.

Dan, the Library organization can either be done during the setup process or anytime after that through the Preferences. You can go to Preferences > Appearance > Organize all Tools by Category. Try that and see if that helps.

Thats what I've done, repeatedly, but it leaves everything bunched in one spot, under "other books."

Please run the Check for Content Updates as the required category information was only added to the latest updates of the modules.

I keep running the content update, when it's all done, it asks to complete the install, then checks to see if I'm up to date, and shows me still needing to update. Done this several times. There are also several modules that I have on my main computer that just won't download from my Accordance account into this computer. I even tried copying the modules and putting them into this computer and they just aren't recognized.

You may need to correct the permissions on the contents of the folder: user/Library/Application support/Accordance. In any case, I recommend that you contact our tech support so they can sort this out for you.

Modules that won't download are likely already showing up in the Library panel, even if Accordance cannot find them, and may need to be removed in order to reinstall them.