Question about Hyperlinks and the TLOT

davidmedina

I am looking at an entry in the TLOT for the word man. I noticed that at the top there are some references to other works with hyperlinks on the name of the book (see image). That would be handy if instead of taking me to the glossary in TLOT it would actually trace me to the entry in those other tools. Instead it takes me to the glossary within the book.

Is it possible to do this?

post-32482-0-00140500-1387407366_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Off the top of my head, I think this is possible in some modules, but evidently not in this one. There wouldn't be a way to turn it on and off from the user's end--it has to do with what's coded into the module to be hyperlinked. But I agree with you that it would be handy here.

You can Amplify to any of those tools from the lexical entry, though--another step or two, but still pretty doable.

• Like 1

And it won't necessarily will take you the right entry. Hopefully this sis something that can be implemented.

We would like to go back and add these types of links in resources which were released prior to our ability to support such tags. However, at this point it would mean diverting people from other more important projects or tasks.

• 2 months later...

Just curious if WBC (NT) is on the radar screen as something to update here? At least in the Matt. 5 passage I'm studying now, there are no hyperlinks, e.g., to Mishnah and DSS, etc., even though the same passages cited are hyperlinked in other tools.

Edited by Abram K-J

Just curious if WBC (NT) is on the radar screen as something to update here? At least in the Matt. 5 passage I'm studying now, there are no hyperlinks, e.g., to Mishnah and DSS, etc., even though the same passages cited are hyperlinked in other tools.

There are a number of older tools that could benefit from tagging like this, but we have no current plans to do so. It's on the radar, but would take away from other higher priority items at the present.