HymnQuest now available for mac

ukfraser

If you are in the uk and involved in music used in services, HymnQuest is a great time saver. It has bios of composers, a database containing over 43,000 first lines and choruses, the full text of 29,500 hymns and songs from some 479 hymn books and publications. It's searchable and tagged by verses, lectionary and topic. It's been totally rewritten and a much improved interface and us now incredibly fast! Just downloaded a trial version. Distribution is limited by material copyright but I've been using it for 5 years on a virtual PC. For me, HymnQuest is one of those must have pieces of software along with accordance and forScore ;o)

I've had my eye on this for a long time... it looks awesome, but I'm not in the UK so can't get it. Fraser--do you know if they have plans to license it to the U.S.?

And/or... does anyone know of anything similar for Macs in the U.S.? I have a few Websites I use that accomplish a similar thing, but a full-blown program would be nice.

I remember sitting with Fraser in a Pret a manger late last year him talking about HymnQuest (and forScore). Sounded like a great service. Looking forward to HymnQuest being available somewhere else (anywhere else!?)

One of the great things I like about Accordance seminars (for me anyway) is meeting new people and getting spend a little time with them while travelling. Thanks for a top time in the Monopoly map Fraser. (Pentonville Rd, Angel Islington - which was where we went!)

• Like 1

Yes Ken, it was a very pleasant couple of hours. None of the other forums or previous bible software I have bought have such a 'family' feel. This is something I also value.

Abram, I have sent an email to strainer and bell but I think this is mainly to do with copyright as they include the texts of hymns and songs and that is quite a complex area when you cross borders but will let you know if I hear anything.

Interestingly, was at a concert on Saturday and the soloist (a saxophonist) was also using forScore. The joys of technology!

;o)

Sorry, no plans;o(

You will have to console yourself reading 'saving paradise' on kindle knowing that we can only get it in paper form here in the uk!

Ah, well. Thanks for asking anyway.