Deleting red dots

Vera Potash

In the help under User Notes it said if you delete the content of a note, the note goes away. I can't seem to get rid of the red dot even though the note is blank.

The note may look blank but there a probably a couple of blank lines in it. You could open the note for editing and make sure the note area is completely empty. I can see how we should remove the note automatically if there is only spaces and carriage returns left in it after editing.

Scott

The note may look blank but there a probably a couple of blank lines in it. You could open the note for editing and make sure the note area is completely empty. I can see how we should remove the note automatically if there is only spaces and carriage returns left in it after editing.

Scott

I've backspaced as much as I can. The note is empty, the dot remains.

Whether or not a user note indicator symbol appears depends on whether or not a user note exists for the verse in question across all of the note files installed on your device. For any given verse, if only a single user exists across all of the installed user note files then we display a single red dot next to that verse. If more than one user note file has an entry for that verse the we show a multiple note indicator (which is a red triangle).

So I'm wondering if you had more than one user note file installed. And had a user note entry for the verse in question in more than one file. Since we ship with two user note files by default I can see hoe this might happen. For example, the Sample Notes file has a user note for Gen. 1:1. If you added a new user note for Gen. 1:1 in the My Mobile Notes file (which is empty by default) then you would have two separate user note entries for this verse. You should then see the multiple note indicator next to the verse. Deleting one of these entries would not remove the user note indicator but should change it from the multiple note to single note version. Only by deleting both user note entries for the verse would the indicator disappear.

If this is not the case for you then I'll need more information to figure out what is happening. Which verse reference, which user note file(s), etc.

Scott

I deleted Gen 1:4 in the sample notes. All notes have been deleted in the My Mobile Notes file. I still have a red dot on Gen 1:4.

The red dot only disappears when you reload the view, if that helps. Try reopening your text from the Library.

Archived