Adjust Map Orientation

LFortier

How could a person change the map orientation 90 degrees (portrait to landscape)? More specifically, what is the process for orientating the site names so that they run north/south? I want to display a map of Israel with the Mediterranean Sea on the bottom. The enclosed picture shows how I need to format my teaching picture 1x4 orientation, hence it would be great to show some maps sideways. Any ideas?

post-31593-0-19776200-1335389103_thumb.jpg

I don't think there is any way to rotate the map entirely, such that North is pointing to the left. However, you can easily export pictures of the map and rotate them in Preview (or other). If you need the map to still be interactive, consider rotating the entire screen output. See how at this link: http://osxdaily.com/2010/12/28/rotate-mac-screen-orientation/

However, if you then want the labels right-side-up, I'm not sure of any feasible way to do this. I must say, thats a pretty unique Accordance setup, though!

You might also use the 3D Map Popup menu, in which event it would remain interactive. Of course, the cartographical location specifiers would be in the same orientation as the map. You might overcome this, as Joel adumbrated above, with the aid of Preview and text boxes. Export the 3D, then edit it to suite your needs.

Edited by James Tucker

This is a very interesting setup indeed. Pastor Fortier, if you don't mind me asking, how did you set this up in your church? Is this all displaying on the walls from one main projector?

Edited by Darin Allen

Very cool indeed. The animation of Paul's missionary journeys must be awe inspiring! :-)

At this point the best solution I have is to place dots on the map and have someone write names in on an editing program. It would be nice to have a "landscape" and "portrait" choice for orientation. What about a flip choice for those in the southern hemisphere?

Darin, we use 3 projectors that cover about 30' by 120' and covers the whole back wall. What is the best ways to capture maps in the highest resolution?

Darin, we use 3 projectors that cover about 30' by 120' and covers the whole back wall. What is the best ways to capture maps in the highest resolution?

From a projector set up like this I'm honestly not sure, but now I want to find out and do this at our church :)