No Parts of Speech in Interlinear

LylePhillips

Does anyone know why I cannot see the Parts of Speech (Greek) when viewing text with Interlinear? In the Old Testament, Parts of Speech show OK.

I imagine its not loading them from your new testament source text. Go to Preferences -> Compare Texts and make sure you have a good New Testament Source text chosen.

I think I have figured out the problem. I have only a Demo version of the Greek tagged text, which gives me a sample for Matthew 1-3. The same for Hebrew where only the first chapters of Genesis display. At least I assume that is the situation. Does that mean that if I want the entire Bible I must add or upgrade the Greek & Hebrew text?

Edited by clp698

Hi ya,

I suspect you are correct. I have the full GNT-T and I did a quick test with the preference change that Joel mentions above. Using GNT-T I see the full transliteration for Gal 6 in your example. If I switch to GNT-TD (the demo) then I see what saw - missing Word and PrtSpeech.

Thx

D

The basic idea is that it grabs the parts of speech, tags, lemma, and others from the grammatically tagged text. So, you will need that information for it to grab it! A gnt-t, gnt-tr, or others should help give you that info.