How to perfect the "Search Word" command?

circuitrider

I am trying to discover a way to find the occurrences of a single word within a reference within a certain range.

I was reading Adam Clarke's information on Judges. While reading I came across an interesting fact about Joshua that I intended to come back and notate. However, I could not find it by skimming and didn't want to read the entire selection again.

I used the "Search Word" option from the secondary click menu to find Joshua. It started from the beginning of the commentary at Genesis and only showed the word when it occurred in the headings but not the body of the text.

Is it possible to set a range for such a search? And is it possible to get the search to include the body of the text and leave out headings or vice-versa?

Thanks,

Circuitrider

You set a range for a search in a tool by opening the browser pane and option-clicking on the title which defines your range. This will apply to all future searches.

You set the "field" of the search by selecting it in the pop-up menu, thus Contents rather than Titles if you want. Open more options to add criteria in other fields.

The Training Videos on Tools will demonstrate these features for you.

My first thought when I read the question was that this sort of focused search is one of Accordance's greatest strengths!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived