Workspace save behavior

CapnKirk

I've noticed something about saving workspaces. If I create a workspace, add tabs, name things, etc. and then close out Accordance, and then restart, my workspace comes back up just as I had left it.

However, if my workspace is saved as a file somewhere on the filesystem, and brought back using "Open..." or by double-clicking on the file in Finder and make changes, Accordance does not save to that file upon exit. I have to remember to save first. Now that's a simple thing: cmd-S. But it's hard to remember during a session when I've done a lot of changes. I do a better job of remembering now, after losing several hours of work!

Am I understanding the behavior correctly? Is there any reason why, when using a workspace other than the default, Accordance could not remind me ("Do you want to save your changes to this workspace?"), before quitting?

This is an option in the General Preferences, but most users turn it off so that they are not bothered by the warning each time they shut down. Turn it on and... you have been warned.

Thanks, Helen.

:huh: How did I miss this option? I went through all the preferences looking for it....<sigh>

Archived