User Notes and Sample notes

Gedalya

On Gen 1:1

How do I add my own note to this verse Gen 1:1 which already has "Sample Notes" attached and Sample Notes does not allow for editing?

When I open "my notes" it takes me to Gen 1:4 which does not have a sample note attached but not to Gen 1.1 or to any of the verses which have a sample note attached. I guess I could just delete the "Sample Notes".

"New User Notes..." is what you want from that menu. You can place your cursor (I think) in the verse in question (anywhere in the text), select "New User Notes...," and you should be set up with a new file. Is that not working? Are you on a Mac?

• Like 1

Abram,

Ok...success. I had to chose "edit note" in order to create another note in "my notes". Now when press on the notes icon, it brings up two separate items: sample notes and my notes!

Edited by Gordon

Great! You can delete the Sample Notes, too, if you want.

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to keep the Sample Notes, but have them closed until you wish to open them?

I have not at all been using the notes aspect of Accordance, but rather have my notes in OneNote and Word, but now I find myself at a point where I'd like to use the User Notes, but I don't really want a hundred of them open at one time.  I know that I can go, on my Macs, to the /Documents/Accordance Files/User Notes folder under my user root folder and just move the notes files about so that Accordance cannot find them.  Is there a less savage way to manage this?

Thank you.

You can have multiple notes files. Just create a new notes file and ignore the sample one.

Thx

D

• Like 1

I have been doing that, but since the sample one is much better than mine, it's hard.  :-)

I'll just wrangle a way to have the ones that I want to be open open and the others will be mysteriously "lost" to Accordance.  I'd like to have a lot of topical studies, but I don't necessarily want them all sitting on top of one another like traffic in Los Angeles on a Friday afternoon

Ok so I'm not following your question then I think. You want to see some of the sample notes for some verses but for others you want to see your own ? Or something else ?

Thx

D

• Like 1

Ok so I'm not following your question then I think. You want to see some of the sample notes for some verses but for others you want to see your own ? Or something else ?

Thx

D

Hi Daniel,

Perhaps I do not understand how the User Notes work.  I'll go play with them a bit more before I look like I need a styrofoam cup to drool into.   :)

I have a bit of a cold and just plastered up my chest with Vicks Vap-O-Rub (showing my advanced age here, I'd imagine) and have a fire in the fireplace, and the normal fluidity and quickness of mind (along with a healthy dose of sarcasm) that the Lord blesses me with seems to have gone on holiday.  I reserve the possibility of pestering you regarding this further after the lucidity of thought returns.  I do thank you for your kind assistance and attention to my inquiries.

Michael

Ok,  I had like 5 cups of coffee and have tested further on my own with the User Notes aspect of Accordance.  It seems that I'd only want a few notes files available at one time and I have the internal fortitude to swap them in and out at will and Accordance will even notify me if certain notes files that were previously available to it are no longer, so all is good.

My original thought of having 100 notes files available would prove to be cumbersome, and Accordance even questions whether you really want to open a new notes file or not, so there must be a software engineering perspective in Accordance that only old people with colds would want 100 User Notes files at one time, which I can personally align with.