ZEB: Wrong jump to article on Midian

HansK

In ZEB, when I enter (or amplify to) Midian, I go to part III of the article on Midian.

Hans

This is normal behavior. It's taking you to the first title with Midian in it, which is part three of the article on Gideon. Click the Mark buttons to go down to the actual article on Midian.

Hello Helen,

I checked this (also with otther topics and works) and you are right. However, IMHO this is not normal behaviour. When I look for a word in a Dictionary, it is normal that i go to the main article on that word/topic. That is what "Entry" means (see the Options Dropdown Box: Entry, English content etc).

Accordance goes for the word in Headings of all articles (I assume). Should this be made an option in stead of default? It is bordersome to use the Mark buttons for this.

Do you see my point? Perhaps there is a way to go to main articles directly?

Hans

This is normal behavior. It's taking you to the first title with Midian in it, which is part three of the article on Gideon. Click the Mark buttons to go down to the actual article on Midian.

It is true that we have never distinguished between titles and subtitles when searching the tools, and for most people over many years now, this has not been an issue. Even if we did, it wouldn't solve the problem entirely. How would we designate the "main" entry for a word? For example, if you search ZEB for Temple, you get 51 articles (titles and subtitles) including these full titles:

captain of the temple

Olympian Zeus, temple of

Second Temple Period

temple, Jerusalem

So, even separating titles and subtitles would not take you directly to the "main" article.

Archived