too many paragraph markers error

johnlee

I followed the instruction in "Preparing the Text" session and insert totally 5 paragraph markers (followed by a space) in my user Bible, at the beginning of Gen 1:1; 1co 15:1, 50, 55 and 16:1 (after verse reference). But when I import this updated text file as an user Bible, an error pop-up as the attached file. What is the problem? Thank you!

post-29821-0-10244100-1387698773_thumb.png

I found that I can only import User Bible with 2 or less paragraph markers. Any text with 3 or more paragraph markers is rejected. Thank you!

Hi John,

I have used a great number more paragraph markers in a user bible - I have 68 in the file I used for translation exercises. But I have hit issues here before. I did post it in the forum some time back. But that issue just went away - I don't actually know what was behind it. I may have changed something in my file unknowingly working around the issue. If you post your text file or a small example one that shows the problem I could take a look and see if anything strikes me. Also you don't say what version and platform you are using.

My post and test file are under http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9720. I don't know if you are hitting that issue or not. And as I said it just went away.

Thx

D

Dan,

Thank you very much for your reply, I've attached a small sample, which is in Chinese. It only contains three ¶. If I delete any one of them, then I can import it.

I use the latest version of Mac OS X (10.9.1) and Accordance (10.3.3), in a MBA 11" 2011 & MAP 13" 2013.

Thank you!

CUNP TEST.txt

Hi John,

Hmmm... I don't think its the paragraph markers exactly. I can cut and paste duplicating lines from Gen and putting ¶ at the head of each one and it imports. I thought it might be the text in 1Cor 1:1 but I cut and paste that about the place and put ¶ on the front of it and the results are inconsistent. I cannot read Chinese despite the efforts of a good Chinese teacher some while back so I'm not sure what I'm looking at but I did notice some HTML tags in the file also. These appear to be ok and removing them did not change things. I cut and paste and made entries for Matt and for Ex and they were fine too. I checked the numbering in 1Cor and it looks ok - couldn't see dups or out of order verses. Something is tripping up the parser and causing it to say the ¶ is way high. I assume there is a limit as the message itself states as much. I have asked in the past what this limit was but received no answer. In any case its not three.

The fastest path to ground on this one would be for Acc dev to run your file import with a debugger attached to code and find out which bit of code is responsible. I can repro. with a smaller version of the file too, but I cannot see the pattern yet.

I tried this on Windows but got very different issues. I've not done as much user bible stuff on windows so I'll need to test simple English cases first again before I could say anything much about that.

Thx
D

Edited by Daniel Semler

• 3 weeks later...