Airport conflict with Accordance? Something to do with checking updates?

Chuck Schneider

Hi All,

I've had this problem for quite some time now, but I didn't realize until today (by accident) that it was the relationship between Accordance and Airport: Every time I start Accordance with Airport (wireless) turned on, I get a huge delay (up to 10 minutes or more) until Accordance fully starts. Every time I start Accordance with Airport turned off, I get an instant launch.

In fact, if Airport is turned on when I launch Accordance, I can cause Accordance to quickly complete its launch by turning off Airport right then.

Has anybody else noticed this behavior?

MacBook Pro

(2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

Mac OS X 10.6.1

Accordance 8.3.3

Regards,

Chuck

I use airport wireless and an airport base station as well. I've never had the problem you described, but there was a problem with external drives causing temporary hangs with Snow Leopard. You may want to check for updates. Since the latest update, this hang no longer happens when I have my Time Machine external drive connected.

The recent Mac OS X update (v10.6.2) installation seems to have fixed this strange problem. No idea what I must have done to cause the original problem! :)

Archived