User Note Bugs

Ben

I haven't used user notes for a while, but I started using them again this morning, and the problems began almost immediately.

1. I'm seeing user notes not scrolling when I type. If I get to the bottom of the edit window, my typing continues but is obscured by the bottom of the window. I have to manually scroll down to see what I'm typing.

2. I'm still getting an error I reported ages ago, that when I use the arrow buttons to move up or down a verse, sometimes it skips a verse. If I'm editing v5, for example, and I press Opt + the down arrow (to create a new note on v6), sometimes it will skip to v7. When I press the up arrow (no Opt), sometimes it will skip up from v5 to v3.

Also, I thought we could now paste unicode into user notes. Shouldn't this be possible? And shouldn't I be able to type using OS X keyboards?

Using 8.1.1 on OS 10.5.5.

We will look into the bugs.

As for pasting Unicode and the OS keyboards: no, you can now paste Greek and Hebrew Unicode text (not sure about the other fonts) and they will be converted to our fonts automatically. Accordance does not support Unicode in any panes as yet, nor the unicode keyboards.

We will look into the bugs.

Thanks, Helen.

As for the pasting, can you paste and match style in any way? The reason I ask is that I often paste lexical forms from BDAG, for example, which are larger than the normal size for my user notes and coloured red. If I can't paste and match style, I have to manually change the size and colour.

Thanks.

You have a couple of options which should help: shift-option-command-V does paste and match style to the location of the cursor, and command-[ and -] copy and paste the style (font etc.) of selected text.

You have a couple of options which should help: shift-option-command-V does paste and match style to the location of the cursor, and command-[ and -] copy and paste the style (font etc.) of selected text.

So if I want to paste a lexical form from BDAG in the same colour and size as the user note formatting, how do I do that?

If I copy and paste and match style, I get Roman characters, if I copy as is, and then copy and paste the local style, I obviously get the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the user notes scroll with my typing would be a huge help. I use a small window for my user notes and it is really annoying to have to scroll down every minute or two.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Using 8.1.3

Archived