A few suggestions

dedge85

I first want to thank your team for putting the effort into creating an iOS app. I use Accordance iOS 1.3 for both my iPhone and iPad. I understand that transferring a mac based software to a tablet is difficult but here are a few suggestions I have for future updates:

1) Full screen mode. The bars below and on top are always in view and it would look a lot cleaner if they would disappear after a couple of seconds of not touching the screen.

2) Easier access to resources: I have noticed that there is a discussion of being able to triple click on a tagged word that would bring up a resource such as a lexicon. My suggestion would be to tap on the lexical word in the instant details. For instance, when you tap on a word, it brings up the instant details. In order to access a better lexicon, you can tap the lexical word in the parentheses to bring you to a different lexicon. I just cannot image triple tapping a word. Also, it would be nice to have the lexicon open up in a split screen so I can still see my text on one side.

3) Tagged words: In order to tap on a tagged word, you have to hold down your finger for like one or two entire seconds, which is inconvenient for me. This is too long to hold down a tap. I would prefer just tapping on the word rather than having to wait. I understand that you do not want to accidentally tap on a word, but the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

4) Exiting tagged words: Rather than

There are some good ideas in this list. Full screen mode would be great, though instead of auto-fade I would prefer a tap to hide, tap to reveal method. That works pretty well in other apps like iBooks and GoodReader.

Jonathan

• 4 months later...

I agree with #6 above: "Font size: While I appreciate the fact that I can change the font size for the texts and a different setting for resources, the text setting applies to ALL texts. Thus, if I need a certain size for my English Bibles, it applies that size for Hebrew and Greek, which are too small at that size. Please provide a way to change the font sizes for each Bible or at least for each language." I have to set mine large enough so that I can see the Hebrew pointing, but I could easily set English texts a size or two smaller (and see more text on my iPod Touch screen). Thanks.

I think you will be pleased with the next version of our iOS app. While it does not contain everything in these wish lists, we have been working on integrating a fair number of them. I've been using the beta(s) for some time now and been impressed with our programmers' work. Thanks for your patience—and keep those suggestions coming!

May I offer a few more suggestions?

1. Font size for pop-up when a scripture link is touched. I have my sermons in a User Tool and have found Accordance iOS the handiest of any app to preach from as I can tap the scripture reference and read it from the pop-up window. However, since the idea of using the iPad to preach from is so I can ditch my reading glasses, I find the font size is still a little to small in this window.

2. While I'm on the subject of the scripture that is seen in the pop-up window, I would love to be able to see the verse number before each verse, rather than a reference at the beginning and no verse numbers in the text. This really is only an issue in a place where there is a range of verses that is pulled up.

3. Font control in User Notes. I understand the fonts for anything user related are inherited from the desktop, but it would be nice to have the iOS app take on a little more strength in font choice and font size for editing user notes. Then to be able to hand it back to the desktop when syncing without it changing, would be great.

4. User Tool editing in iOS. Not sure if this is something that could be done, but thought I'd throw that out there to think about. Not necessarily the import process, but at least the ability to edit something if needed.

5. Verse copying - There's still some room for improvement here. The challenge for me is copying a range of verses. This seems to strip away all verse numbering which can be confusing if you want to refer to one or two verses in the range. Found myself copying them one at a time to eliminate this dilemma. Also, I would like to be able to copy a phrase or two from one verse of scripture, but it seems that one can only copy words from a verse one word at a time! Also, less than ideal.

Having said all that, I am a fan of the iOS app. I think it's the best (and I've made my rounds with the major Bible software apps out there). The Accordance team keeps things moving "onward and upward."

• 3 weeks later...

I want to be able to copy a phrase, sentence, or paragraph from any module. Right now I can only select one word at a time to copy. Less than ideal.

I want to be able to copy a phrase, sentence, or paragraph from any module. Right now I can only select one word at a time to copy. Less than ideal.

I vote for this option also.

I think what we will end up releasing in v1.5 is the option to copy or highlight a word, sentence, or paragraph in a tool module.

Scott.

• Like 1

I think what we will end up releasing in v1.5 is the option to copy or highlight a word, sentence, or paragraph in a tool module.

Scott.

That sounds great, the ability to copy from resources is the one major thing I need, when I get that and user tools to write sermons it will meet all Sermom writing needs :D

There are some very good suggestions there but I really agree with #6. When the English font is right sized, the Hebrew and Greek fonts are too small. We need separate font controls, including sizes for pop-ups.

Daniel