Instant Detail - can't redock

djaneb

Hi there

I love the docked Instant Details but having a bit of trouble with it.

It doesn't stay docked when I magnify a zone. Fair enough. So I undocked it, then magnified the zone, and that's fine. When I demagnify the zone, Instant Details doesn't have the docking icon for me to redock it. If I close the workspace and reopen it the icon is still missing. To get it back I have to close down all but the text zone, then save the workspace, then reopen, then redock, then recreate the zones and resave the workspace. Boring.

Upshot is, once I've undocked Instant Details in a multi-zone workspace I don't seem to be able to redock it without a whole lot of mucking around.

Am I missing something?

I've attached a screen shot of Instant Details with no docking icon.

Many thanks!

Deb

post-29260-0-16471200-1346024734_thumb.png

Hi, Deb. I'm sorry for the troubles you've been experiencing.

You are correct, there is no 'redock' icon for the instant details again. To add it back to a workspace, just close the floating instant details and recreate it in whichever workspace you'd like. It should remember the last location it was created.

While a zone is magnified, many users have found it easier to access instant details by clicking and holding (or option-clicking) on the word, so the information appears as a popover, rather than having the box always visible.

Thanks for your reply.

I've worked out that the Instant Details won't dock if there are more than two zones open due to not enough space ... my workspace is saved with three zones.

But click and hold is the solution, so that's what I'll do.

Thanks!