Cannot Make Parsing Functionality Work

ssavarimuthu

I have been trying to get the parsing functionality to work for me. It pops up, but does not show the actual parsing (Aorist, Future, etc.)

post-32765-0-66723500-1417631479_thumb.png

I have also attempted to change the settings, but it does not have a place where I can add this. Any ideas?

post-32765-0-02134300-1417631483_thumb.png

Hi, click in the parsing pane so that it is active (blue bar at top). then press CMD-T - and this box will drop down.

post-29509-0-43379900-1417639019_thumb.png

Select the information you want displayed and set the default if you wish. Press OK, and you should be happy.

post-29509-0-49268500-1417639090_thumb.png

It is still not working for me. Is it possible that my Greek Text does not have this capability? If not, which one should I get?

It looks like from your screenshot you are using the GNT-TRS. This is a Strong's tagged, not morphologically tagged, Textus Receptus. I would recommend either the GNT28-T that Ken linked to or the GNT-TR, which is the morphologically tagged version of the same text.

You may already have one or both of these texts (or the GNT-T, the NA27 based text like the GNT28-T) in your library, so be sure to search for them before spending any money.

Joel is, of course, correct. The GNT28 is the latest fully parsed and tagged greek text from GBS, and so is the current scholarly standard. The TR is an old (though still much loved) Greek text, and may well be adequate for what you want. The GNT-T is the just superseded version from GBS so is still modern, but is (slightly) different to the GNT28 (only textual differences in 15 places).

Hope that gives you enough to make a decision.

This has helped me out a lot! Thank you so much.

I have the GNT-TRS. I only purchased the Starter Collection, so whatever came with it then is what I have.

You can try the full parsing using the included demo texts: BHS-W4D and GNT-TD. Each contains three fully tagged chapters.