Diagramming?

ToddPeperkorn

So does Accordance have any modules that allow for sentence diagramming? Either in English or in Greek/Hebrew.

Thanks,

P

Rev. Peperkorn,

I'm not sure whether you're asking if Accordance has a diagramming feature, a module of pre-fab diagrams, or if you're wanting a particular kind of sentence diagramming. So I'll answer each possible question in turn.

Accordance actually pioneered diagramming in Bible software years before anyone else followed suit. The diagram button in the Language section of the Resource palette lets you diagram any selection of text in any language. Simply select the passage you want to diagram and click the diagram button. A window will appear with the selected text appearing as draggable objects. You can arrange the text however you like and add various diagram symbols. The diagram window is designed primarily for Reed-Kellogg diagrams.

In another thread, someone was asking if we have a module of pre-fab diagrams of the entire Greek New Testament. The answer to that question is "not yet."

Others have asked us to tweak the diagram window to enable arc diagrams and block diagrams. We hope to add those capabilities in an upcoming rev.

I hope this helps.

Accordance actually pioneered diagramming in Bible software years before anyone else followed suit. The diagram button in the Language section of the Resource palette lets you diagram any selection of text in any language. Simply select the passage you want to diagram and click the diagram button. A window will appear with the selected text appearing as draggable objects. You can arrange the text however you like and add various diagram symbols. The diagram window is designed primarily for Reed-Kellogg diagrams.

I hope this helps.

So where do I find the definitions for the Reed-Kellogg diagrams?

If you want to know the meaning of each symbol, you can drag your mouse over any symbol in the palette or in the diagram itself. The name of that symbol will appear in the lower left corner of the diagram window. If you want a more complete explanation of how to diagram using the Reed-Kellogg system, you can consult the relevant segment of our training DVD, or do a Google search and find various tutorials on the web.

Hope this helps.

Having looked earlier, I have some links handy:

Sentence Diagrams

Diagramming Sentences

Basics of Reed-Kellog Diagrams

All of those work with English sentences. Doesn't look like I found anything specific to using Reed-Kellog with Greek or Hebrew Biblical texts. And of course, none of them discuss using Accordance for doing the diagramming.

Lorinda

Archived