Flashcards Question

greekgeek85

Hello all, I am hoping that somebody can help me out with this.

I watched the podcast on using Accordance to make flashcards. I understand how to narrow down the cards to "used 9 times or fewer in Jeremiah" to get my deck.

However, I don't know how to create a set that includes words that occur 9 times or less in the Hebrew Bible that occur in Jeremiah.

Can anyone help me get this sort of set working? I don't just want to get a list of 9x or less in the Hebrew Bible, because I am focusing on Jeremiah right now. However, I'm sure that some of the words that occur rarely in Jeremiah occur more than 10x in the rest of the Hebrew Bible, and I don't want to duplicate.

Thanks for your assistance!

Search by Words and enter [COUNT 1-9] in the entry box. Then click the + button to the right of the entry box. On the next line set the Range to Jeremiah (you probably need to define that by clicking the box that says [All text]; select Define range... and click new; it is pretty much self explanatory; close the window when you have defined the range as Jeremiah and then select it). Run the search and click the Analytics icon (next to the hits count) and select Analysis under Word Count Totals. I found 4162 words! You can arrange alphabetically or count up/down.

Thanks for your reply. I realized why I shouldn't post before my first pot of coffee. I don't think I was very clear.

I ran the search as you said, but the results were the words that occurred 9 times or less in Jeremiah. That is good, but I want the additional condition that the words selected occur 9 times or less in the whole Hebrew Bible.

So, I want the words 9x or less in the whole Bible that occur in Jeremiah, not just the ones that are 9x or less in Jeremiah. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.

And please let me know if I'm just not understanding how to do this. I am a bit behind the times with technology.

Sorry, I did not read your request closely.

To find what you want is is even easier: put [RANGE Jer]‏ ‎<AND>‏ ‎[COUNT 1-9]‏ in the search entry box and hit enter. There are 899 hits this time. Putting them that way considers count for the whole text (HMT-W4) but the range limits the hits to Jeremiah.

Hope this is what you want this time!

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta