commentary request

Tim Hall

Good afternoon,

A commentary that would make a great addition to Accordance would be the Smyth & Helwys Bible Commentary. This is available from Smyth & Helwys publishing house. They should have an existing e-text since you receive a CD-ROM containing the entire text and all the pictures of the volume. The website for the commentary is http://www.helwys.com/commentary/.

• Like 2

I agree. I already own two of the commentaries. One of the big advantages of the CD-ROM is that a lot of art is included which I find useful in illustrating Bible studies.

• 1 month later...

These would be great to have available individually. I have Revelation and Matthew in print copies.

• 2 years later...

I've seen some of the Smyth & Helwys commentaries online, and wonder if they would make a good purchase.

Can anyone more familiar with them please comment on their use, e.g. devotional/exegetical/textual/personal/scholarly etc.

Thanks!

~Alistair

• 2 years later...

Good afternoon,

A commentary that would make a great addition to Accordance would be the Smyth & Helwys Bible Commentary. This is available from Smyth & Helwys publishing house. They should have an existing e-text since you receive a CD-ROM containing the entire text and all the pictures of the volume. The website for the commentary is http://www.helwys.com/commentary/.

Any more interest in Smyth and Helwys?? Any comments?

I think I would be interested in it….

-dan

I have all of the Smyth and Helwys volumes. They are are well-organized and informative. One draw back is that they do not contain a translation of the Scripture upon which they are commenting. Of course, this is easily remedied by have a Bible handy when using the commentary. I'm not sure that I would be interested in purchasing these volumes in Accordance though. I have the CDs loaded on my computer. I'm not sure that there is much advantage to having the same texts in Accordance.

• 3 weeks later...

Just now using the volume on Luke in preparation for preaching on Mary and Martha. Good stuff so far--I'd be interested in these for Accordance.

• 5 months later...