Error downloading Photoguide

Arne B.

Hello,

when I try downloading the photoguide via easy install I get an error message after a while and the download stops. Does anyone else have that problem and is there a solution?

I am using an iPhone 4 latest IOS and accordance 1.0.1

Thanks for your help!

Arne

Hello,

when I try downloading the photoguide via easy install I get an error message after a while and the download stops. Does anyone else have that problem and is there a solution?

I am using an iPhone 4 latest IOS and accordance 1.0.1

Thanks for your help!

Arne

Yes I get the exactly same error message.

Kit

As I said yesterday on another post, it's a huge file and currently we cannot resume the download if there is any interruption. We'll have that capability soon, as well as to sync it from the Mac. Until then you probably don't have a stable enough connection to download it.

As I said yesterday on another post, it's a huge file and currently we cannot resume the download if there is any interruption. We'll have that capability soon, as well as to sync it from the Mac. Until then you probably don't have a stable enough connection to download it.

Dear Helen: Not sure it's that simple, I have an extremely fast connection at Home and Office, it still took over an hour to download the update, to my Mac.

Same size file usually takes just a few min.

Perhaps servers are still pretty well crowded with all the new activity?

Hope this helps,

Rusty+

We successfully downloaded it twice on a not too great connection, so I am sure the file and server are OK.

If you are seeing the "generic" Easy Install error alert then what is most likely happening is a server timeout or broken connection to the server during the download process. These networking issues are transitory and retrying the download at a later time is usually successful.

We obviously need a more informative information alert for these cases.

Scott.

I don't get any error messages, but once the module has apparently finished downloading it is still listed under Easy Install (i. e., not installed on the iPad). Any idea what the cause might be?

I don't get any error messages, but once the module has apparently finished downloading it is still listed under Easy Install (i. e., not installed on the iPad). Any idea what the cause might be?

Same here. I have had the same result 4 times with the iPad. I haven't tried the iPhone. I checked our bandwidth speed - 10.8 Mbps. I noticed the 50 MB upgrade download seemed to take an extraordinarily long time to download to my Mac yesterday, but chalked it up to server overload.

On another note, I have downloaded the ZIBBCNT to my iPhone, but ZIBBCOT does not show up as an available download. I have downloaded both of them to my iPad.

ZIBBCOT was removed from Easy Install as it is such a large file, again until the issues are fixed.

Ok, thanks for the information...I tried it a few times more and I am giving up now. The internetconnection that I have is usually very fast (10mbit) and stable. May be it is because the server is in the states and I am in Germany.

The error looks pretty much like what you said Scott. I checked the used bandwidth and it is nowhere close the 500mb of the Photoguide.

I am looking forward to a fix.

Thanks for your help

Arne

Ok, thanks for the information...I tried it a few times more and I am giving up now. The internetconnection that I have is usually very fast (10mbit) and stable. May be it is because the server is in the states and I am in Germany.

The error looks pretty much like what you said Scott. I checked the used bandwidth and it is nowhere close the 500mb of the Photoguide.

I am looking forward to a fix.

Thanks for your help

Arne

Down loads to my Iphone went slowly, but all worked.

Downloads to my Ipad however are not working.

Cannot download and install 500+ meg Photo guide, Early Church Fathers.

I have a fast, stable connection ( 10-12 Meg download, 500 meg upload ).

Get an error message each time.

Please advise "when you get to it" , this is not critical for me at this time.

Blessings All,

Rusty+

I'm not sure if this is the same problem or a slightly different version of it. - I can successfully download Photoguide (in as much it downloads to my ipad without crashing). I can get the full text, but not the graphics, the graphic arrows don't appear to do anything.

Any suggestions, or should I just wait for wifi syncing?

Paul.

The pictures do work in version 3.5. I suggest you check the About the Text in the Library view. Perhaps the download of the updated module didn't complete and you are still looking at the older 3.0.

Don't ask me how, but I tried to download it today and got it installed on my iPad. Maybe the servers weren't as busy as last time I tried...

I really don't know what's wrong. I have tried to download 7 times and none of them succeed. There is no error message this time, but the module still displays in the list.

I really don't know what's wrong. I have tried to download 7 times and none of them succeed. There is no error message this time, but the module still displays in the list.

Are you putting Accordance in the background during the long download? We don't support background downloading at this point. So Accordance will cancel the download if it's placed in the background.

Scott.

I don't know if I am getting closer to getting it installed. I observed that I get the error-message when I receive a push notification, so I deactivated them and switched off the network (except wlan)...now I don't get any error message but in the end that photoguide just appears again in the download list...maybe this helps someone...

Arne

I don't know if I am getting closer to getting it installed. I observed that I get the error-message when I receive a push notification, so I deactivated them and switched off the network (except wlan)...now I don't get any error message but in the end that photoguide just appears again in the download list...maybe this helps someone...

Arne

Arne,

Sorry you're still having so much trouble getting this downloaded. It is interesting that most of the issues with these large downloads have been with users outside of the US. I don't know why that would be the case.

I do just want to double check and make sure you have enough room on your iPhone for the file. I'm sure we don't report any errors if there is not enough room to download the archive and extract it for before trying to install it. When you sync with iTunes, how much available space do you have on your device?

Scott.

Arne,

Sorry you're still having so much trouble getting this downloaded. It is interesting that most of the issues with these large downloads have been with users outside of the US. I don't know why that would be the case.

I do just want to double check and make sure you have enough room on your iPhone for the file. I'm sure we don't report any errors if there is not enough room to download the archive and extract it for before trying to install it. When you sync with iTunes, how much available space do you have on your device?

Scott.

Scott,

I have 1.32GB left on my device, I tried it with 2.5 also.

Arne

Arne, I have the same problem. Plenty of space, but after repeated attempts never an error message, but always still listed as downloadable. No problems with any other downloads and several were over 100 MB.

Scott,

I have 1.32GB left on my device, I tried it with 2.5 also.

Arne

1.32 GB might be a little tight since we download it first as a compressed archive and then uncompress it to install it. Uncompressed it is around 528 MB in size and compressed it is not much smaller due to the large number of pictures within the module. 2.5 GB should be plenty though for just that module.

Are you trying to download any other modules at the same time? This would also put pressure on the amount of available disk space and potentially cause an issue.

Scott.

I also have been unsuccessful after repeated attempts. (I'm in the UK). I have a steady 10mb download speed.

It seems to take the expected 20 mins or so to download but when thats finished the iPad merely shows that its still available as a download, and therefore not in my directory (no error signs).

I have 16Gb free in iPad.

Thanks for your continued help.

Paul.

I thought that might be the case Helen. is there any rough time when that might be expected - weeks/months?

p.s. I have enough modules to keep my happy till 2014

Paul.

1.32 GB might be a little tight since we download it first as a compressed archive and then uncompress it to install it. Uncompressed it is around 528 MB in size and compressed it is not much smaller due to the large number of pictures within the module. 2.5 GB should be plenty though for just that module.

Thanks, Scott, for making it clear that we needed the extra space for downloading and expanding. I had tried repeatedly to download to my 8GB iPod Touch with about 1.1GB free space and got no error message and yet failed to install. When I deleted some audio to give a little more than 2GB free space, Photoguide downloaded the first time.

Thanks,

John

Archived