Possibility of getting the New Interpreter's Bible

David Hunt

Another long time Accordance user eagerly awaiting the NIB!!

Thanks for bringing this valuable resource to Accordance.

• 2 weeks later...

Still hoping for it here too... Thought another company was working on it only to hear today they actually are not...

-Dan

We should be able to release the NI one volume commentary very soon. The full commentary... that's another matter.

• Like 2

The full NIB Commentary is the one I'm waiting for. Will also buy the NIB Dictionary then as well.

Full commentary is what I am waiting for too... The one volume is ok but I would;t call it the best.

-Dan

We should be able to release the NI one volume commentary very soon. The full commentary... that's another matter.

I know you often cannot give details but the "that's another matter" is that just saying it;s large work requiring much more time, or the project has yet to be started....

-Dan

I know you often cannot give details but the "that's another matter" is that just saying it;s large work requiring much more time, or the project has yet to be started....

-Dan

See my comment, #50 above. There's nothing more to say about this. Sorry.

• Like 1

Sorry for seeming impatient I am just use to hearing nothing but bad news.... Like the earlier confusion between it and another major series. I had been worried with Helen's comment that perhaps the 12 volume commentary had been confused with the one volume...

-dan

Sorry for seeming impatient I am just use to hearing nothing but bad news.... Like the earlier confusion between it and another major series. I had been worried with Helen's comment that perhaps the 12 volume commentary had been confused with the one volume...

-dan

I can see how that might confuse. But that's definitely not the case. Helen was just "leaking" news that the NI One Volume Commentary will be released soon. But, it has no impact on previous comments on the complete NIB.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

And now to tilt at windmills again.... As I stare them down I hope all is going well with the NIB.

-Dan

Here is a screen shot of a work space I set up to mimic the NIB in Print.... The NSRV/NIV84 Parallel (NIV combined with the NAB for the Parallel texts in the Apocrypha), the Text below is the NIB ONE Volume commentary since we do not have the 12 volume yet.

-Dan

post-29263-0-11521600-1394913749_thumb.png

Edited by Dan Francis

• 1 month later...

Greetings Helen & Accordance staff,

Is it a possibility that Accordance together with Abingdon will offer a crossgrade discount for the "NIB 12 Volume Set" module (when available) for those who have previously purchased the original New Interpreter's Bible 12 Volume Set on CD-ROM (relevant links below)?:

http://www.accordancebible.com/Crossgrades

http://www.abingdonpress.com/product/9780687019991#.U16jj8dfn8E

Thank you in advocate for your assistance with this inquiry!

Blessings,

Robert

Thanks so much Helen for your reply-does your response indicate that this might be a likely possibility?

Blessings,

Robert

I just wish we had a rough ETA on the NIB.... I do know that nothing is ever said till a couple weeks before a release and even then it is just an occasional occurrence. I am glad to know it is coming... even happier to know an inquiry is being made into upgrade pricing, although I won't hold my breath.

-Dan

Thanks again so much Helen for your follow-up--last question then in regard to the crossgrade inquiry: As I'm pursuing this option for a professor at the college where I provide support, is it possible that you might be able to offer a date as to when you'll be aware of a confirmation on the potential NIB crossgrade option? Thanks in advance!

Blessings,

Robert

It has been my experience that negotiations and such between publishers and software seem to move at a rather glacial pace. I do believe they have the 12 volume commentary under contract but I am not sure if anyone is yet working on it. Inquiring about cross grades is something that usually happens when a company abandons their own platform in favour of a new one. Since Abingdon has allowed Olivetree, Accordance and now Logos to distribute NIB titles (although OT is missing the 12 Volume set and Logos is currently only working on the Dictionary to the best of my knowledge, even Accordance will not have a complete set since it has yet to announce whether it has the Study Bible coming). So from my point of view anyway it doesn't appear Abingdon has a favoured successor and therefore has no logical reason to offer upgrades. Upgrades means they take in less money, and while a gracious thing to do, I do not see it benefiting themselves in any way, which likely means we will not see one. Although I hope I am wrong.

-Dan

PS:Even Tyndale only allowed a most minor discount (20% i think) for those of us who had Life Application Bibles with Olivetree when they reintroduced it.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the Possible ETA for the NT volumes?

-Dan

Any news on the Possible ETA for the NT volumes?

-Dan

As soon as we get them done. ;) We're working on them as fast as possible, knowing that questions like this will start coming.

We're also adding page numbers throughout which will be released as a free update when finished.

I know page numbers will be great for some I am pleased as punch that the OT is out with ability to cite the authors.

-Dan

Here is a screen shot of a work space I set up to mimic the NIB in Print.... The NSRV/NIV84 Parallel (NIV combined with the NAB for the Parallel texts in the Apocrypha), the Text below is the NIB ONE Volume commentary since we do not have the 12 volume yet.

-Dan

Here are two versions of the work space one like the above with original language tied and one with just regular NIV(NAB) NRSV. For anyone who might want a work space that mimics the print volumes.

-Dan

Setups.zip

Edited by Dan Francis

Dan - happy for me to post this on the exchange?

Thanks

oh yes go right ahead...

-Dan