Library Organization / Access by Book

Enoch

Having a large number of Accordance commentaries, I find it time consumptive to get access to my commentaries on a particular book. I was just looking for commentary on Ephesians 4. But when I brought up NAC, Galatians popped up, not Ephesians. That must be because (as so often) a set is incomplete. In this case, I also saw no icon to use to drop down the contents of NAC. Thus it is time wasting to be popping up commentary sets on a passage, only to find that the set lacks that Bible book. I wish the system has just said: "NAC lacks Ephesians," it might have done that when I hovered over NAC with the mouse., before I clicked on NAC. Just that would be a big improvement.

I wish that Accordance had some easy way to specify,

give me a menu list of my commentaries on Ephesians,

or better:

give me a menu list of my commentaries on the passage I am at in the Bible text.

Perhaps some keyboard shortcut could bring up a menu of available commentaries in one's library for whatever verse the cursor is on.

What I would like is (for a given passage) a way to move from one commentary to the next quickly and with little mousing and clicking.

• Like 1

Having a large number of Accordance commentaries, I find it time consumptive to get access to my commentaries on a particular book. I was just looking for commentary on Ephesians 4. But when I brought up NAC, Galatians popped up, not Ephesians. That must be because (as so often) a set is incomplete. In this case, I also saw no icon to use to drop down the contents of NAC. Thus it is time wasting to be popping up commentary sets on a passage, only to find that the set lacks that Bible book. I wish the system has just said: "NAC lacks Ephesians," it might have done that when I hovered over NAC with the mouse., before I clicked on NAC. Just that would be a big improvement.

I wish that Accordance had some easy way to specify,

give me a menu list of my commentaries on Ephesians,

or better:

give me a menu list of my commentaries on the passage I am at in the Bible text.

Perhaps some keyboard shortcut could bring up a menu of available commentaries in one's library for whatever verse the cursor is on.

What I would like is (for a given passage) a way to move from one commentary to the next quickly and with little mousing and clicking.

+1

One thing you can currently do when your cursor is in a commentary pane is use shift-control + and shift-control - to advance through your commentaries as organized in your library.

Your idea sounds great, though.

John

Hi Enoch,

What i have done to get round this problem is set up a workspace for my commentaries. This has a tab for each commentary I am interested in. I have one for OT and one for NT which helps keep down the number of commentaries in the workspace. I then make that a favourite workspace.

When I want to view what the commentaries say on a particular verse then I amplify to that workspace from the reference using right click to get the menu then selecting "My Workspaces" and then the workspace that I want to use (in my case "NT Commentaries" for instance). Then I can just click on each tab for the commentary.

What generally happens is that if there is no associated reference for that verse then you get a blank page for that commentary. So selecting a 1 Cor verse means you get blank for Word Biblical Commentaries because there is no commentary for that.

See the screenshot for a view of the workspace and the second one for how to amplify to it

post-30494-0-62958100-1401097835_thumb.png

post-30494-0-69468300-1401097962_thumb.png

• Like 1