RCL readings

Guntis

RCL feature in Accordance  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A couple of years ago, there was a "Pastor's Study" series in the blog. I wrote one of them on my procedure from sermon prep, related to the RCL. It can be found here.

I've shifted to using the Narrative Lectionary, but my process is much the same.

Lorinda

• Like 1

Nice! Thanks, Lorinda. I'll check it out.

Lorinda, a great post. Thank you! Just what I was looking to hear.

I'm glad you found it helpful.

One thing I didn't mention there is that I keep an outline "template" at the end of my Sermon Notes (in that example Year A Notes) User Tool. That helps me to structure my notes. Each week, I copy and paste the template, renaming it for the given week. Here's an example from one of my RCL Notes User Tools. I've also attached a screenschot since the formatting doesn't carry over into the forums.:

Proper Name & Number

Readings

Old Testament Lesson
Intertextuality
Context
The Pericope
Hebrew Words and Phrases
Illustrations/Application/Hermeneutical Arch
External Links

Gospel Lesson
Intertextuality
Context
The Pericope
Greek Words and Phrases
Level 4 Formatting
External Links

Epistle Lesson
Intertextuality
Context
The Pericope
Greek Words and Phrases
External Links

External Links

post-407-0-23716900-1369665417_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Thank you, Accordance Team, for "Feasting on the Word" and for "For Everyone" series commentaries by N.T. Wright. I'm still missing some lectionary resources in Accordance. Could you please consider "Lectionary Reflections" by Jane Williams, "Twelve Months of Sundays" by N.T. Wright, and "Lutheran Service Book Historic (One Year) Lectionary"? Perhaps some other lectionary commentaries as well. Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

While im waiting for rcl in accordance (and i need the full rcl, not a cut down version), in the uk i can add the rcl to my calendar. (Not sure what other areas can access the link, i believe it isnt valid on the other side of the pond In the norf.)

Its quite configurable, i just want readings and colour but for me its important to have the readings for all three sunday services including variants and communion as well as alternatives during the festive seasons  and major and minor feasts (not just the principal one) as i could be on the rota for any of the services at a number of churches.  But you can add collects, different daily readings, bcp, etc. 

i have included a screenshot.

My workflow is to copy the readings into accordance and edit commas and semi colons etc and then run a search, but its quite a good work around to see all readings for all services each day. But when pulling services together i also need to find the various acclamations during the different seasons along with collects.

for those interested and with access, the site link is

http://almanac.oremus.org/

post-31185-0-18409500-1595081494_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Also note that Augsburg Fortress annually releases their "Little Red Book" as a free digital download. It has the full RCL readings that can be imported into most calendar programs. I still use that RCL module from the Accordance Exchange, but this is a calendar option. HERE IS THE LINK