Cross-Highlighting Between GNT-T and Syntax Module

Steve Lo Vullo

Hi All:

Last night I purchased the Syntax Module but didn't have much time to delve into it. Today I was watching the Version 9 podcast by Dr. J and saw that there was cross-highlighting between GNT-T and the Syntax Module. For some reason I am not getting the cross-highlighting like in the video. If I move my cursor over a word in GNT-T, it will highlight the same word in the right hand side of Syntax Module. But if I move the cursor over anything in the Syntax Module, I do not get any highlighting in the GNT-T like in the podcast. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Steve

The syntax pane cross highlights from the clause and phrase and some other definitions, not from the single word. So cursor over these abbreviations highlights the word(s), but cursor over the words in the text highlights the words in the syntax and in any Key number texts.

Thanks for responding, Helen. No matter what I hover the cursor over, I get no highlighting in the GNT-T. For example, in the video when Dr. J hovers over a "C" in Matt 1:7, the complement TON ROBOAM is highlighted in GNT-T. But when I hover over a "C" or any of the other abbreviations in the Syntax Module, I don't get any highlighting in the GNT-T, only an explanatory note in the Instant Details window.

Tim was demonsrtating with a beta version. Only John has been released officially. In error, larger modules were posted (mea culpa), but if you have any syntax other than Genesis or John you should delete both modules and the syntax preferences, and redownload the release versions. See this topic. The beta versions may crash and will not synch properly with the text, nor give accurate results.

You will need to remove them from Library/Application Support/Accordance/Gloss Folder, and also remove user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Syntax Files. Then redownload them via Easy Install.

Helen, I only have John. I downloaded after it was discovered that the other modules were also posted, so I never got them.

But shouldn't the John module still work like the module Tim was demonstrating, with the highlighting coming into play on GNT-T when the cursor is held over the letters in the Syntax module?

Yes, and it does. Check that you have the same verses showing in both panes. And it doesn't work on every letter. Post a screenshot if you cannot get it working.

Thanks, Helen. I figured out the problem. Though I had GNT-T and the Syntax module side by side and the same verses showing in both panes, I didn't have GNT-T as the search text. I didn't realize this was necessary. I was thinking that it would work like when you have two tagged texts in a window. For example, if I have GNT-T and NIV-G/K together but NAB as the search text, GNT-T and NIV-G/K will still cross-highlight. But it doesn't work like that with the Syntax module. GNT-T has to be the search text.

Now that I have it figured out, I'd like to say that this module is really great. I can't wait to get the rest of the books. And the zones concept is very, very helpful. Accordance has done it again! Once we have the iPhone/iPad app, my biblical study world will be complete.

Archived