Easy Install Downloads

csonni

Great job by the way!

Just installed Accordance on my iPod Touch. I checked with Easy Install and a bunch of my downloads are listed. I assume these are the modules that are on my Mac but not my iPod. Now, with the list of those downloads- I selected them all by tapping for a check mark, but then what? There is no tap for Download. How do I actually get them on my iPod?

Update- I actually saw the download icon. It's all happening now. Will the Easy Install get absolutely all the modules I have on my Mac (not including User Modules)? How would I get the User Modules on there?

Great job by the way!

Just installed Accordance on my iPod Touch. I checked with Easy Install and a bunch of my downloads are listed. I assume these are the modules that are on my Mac but not my iPod. Now, with the list of those downloads- I selected them all by tapping for a check mark, but then what? There is no tap for Download. How do I actually get them on my iPod?

Tap the icon on the bottom right to begin the download. You should get a message saying the products selected are being downloaded.

The arrow in the bottom right is 'Download All'.

Edit: Oops, was 30 seconds too late!

Oops. They all had started downloading. After some time, the screen switched back to my main iPod screen. When I went into Accordance, none of the modules were installed. Maybe I shouldn't have selected all the available modules for download?

I now see that, when I just select several modules, they download okay and install okay. I guess I'll have to stick with only a few at a time on this.

OK, I understood that the Download button is at the bottom right. But when I tapped it, I got this message:

Easy Install

The products you selected are downloading and will be added to your library

Also, the NET Group only downloaded the notes, not the text. Any suggestions as the NET does not show separately in the download dialog?

I've been getting lots of crashes with most of my downloads. There are lots to go. I dread some of the heavier ones that are over 60 megs.

I installed some modules, opened Easy Install section again, and newly installed modules are listed alongside with the not-installed modules. It would be helpful if there would be different bullet-icon and/or additional text showing me which modules are already installed in the Easy Install section. For example, when I select some module, it gets green checkmark icon. Installed modules could have gray checkmark incon and gray "Installed" text in the right side.

I've been getting lots of crashes with most of my downloads. There are lots to go. I dread some of the heavier ones that are over 60 megs.

Not crashes, but failed DLs for me. I've found it best to do one module at a time. May just be my slow rural broadband connection. Or maybe Accordance's servers are really getting hammered tonight! Can't imagine why! :)

Once a module downloads, it does not appear in the Easy Install list, so that's how you now that it has been already downloaded.

At times the full list doesn't seem to appear; switching to Upgrades tab, letting it do its check, and then switching back to Easy Install tab sometimes does the trick of getting the full list.

I don't have any installed modules listed when starting Easy Install again. Good suggestion, though, if this is your case.

Totally shutting down my iPod and restarting seems to have taken care of the crashes, for now. Lots more modules to go. I've got a 64 gig, so there shouldn't be a problem with space.

I do notice that Easy Install isn't consistent with what it lists for available downloads. It will miss some here and there and add them during another check.

My tagged LXX module isn't showing up in the Easy Install list, although other LXX resources are (e.g., lexicon and NETS). Any idea why?

Likewise I find no listing for my NIV text. Both of these are important to me and part of my regular toolbox.

I see in the Help info that:

"Note: Please be patient. If you switch to another app during the download, Accordance will crash."

That also is true if you get an incoming phone call while a download is in process. (Anyone know how to "take the iPhone off the hook?)

Are interrupted downloads cached and resumed where it stopped? Or does it have to begin all over again?

You might put your iPhone on "Airplane Mode" and then turn the WiFi back on... that way you can download without the interruption of a phone call.

I have tried repeatedly to use the Easy Install to download modules onto my iPod touch, but so far is does not appear to be working.

The list of modules available varies each time it refreshes: sometimes it's lots, sometimes it's only a few.

Several times I have tapped on modules to download and tapped the download key. I'm told they are downloading and will appear in the library.

Then, almost immediately, the list of Easy Install modules starts to refresh.

The help implies that the refresh won't happen until the download is finished. But I can't believe anything could download that quickly (refreshing the list takes far longer than the brief wait between requesting a module download and the start of the refresh).

None of the modules I've requested to download show up in my library.

As far as I can tell, the Accordance App is not still trying to download, because the little "spinning" circle that indicates network activity disappears.

Lorinda

EDIT: Of course, one more try after my post, and I got it to work. This time I only requested one item to download, instead of several. Maybe that made the difference?

Phone calls should not be an issue unless the network connection to the servers times out during the call. Downloading will be canceled if the app is placed in the background by a press of the home key or by switching to another application. We recognize this is not the best user experience and plan to improve it in subsequent releases.

Scott

I have tried repeatedly to use the Easy Install to download modules onto my iPod touch, but so far is does not appear to be working.

The list of modules available varies each time it refreshes: sometimes it's lots, sometimes it's only a few.

Several times I have tapped on modules to download and tapped the download key. I'm told they are downloading and will appear in the library.

The help implies that the refresh won't happen until the download is finished. But I can't believe anything could download that quickly (refreshing the list takes far longer than the brief wait between requesting a module download and the start of the refresh).

None of the modules I've requested to download show up in my library.

As far as I can tell, the Accordance App is not still trying to download, because the little "spinning" circle that indicates network activity disappears.

Lorinda

I'm sure the servers are getting hammered at the moment. If you try a single module or group at a time does that complete and show up in your library? If not, could you give an example of s problem module?

Scott

Scott

Ditto! I have tried a few modules a second time and they went through. Several on my first attempts simply refreshed - some of modules pop up as possible downloads but after a refresh, they are no longer available (NIVAC), got the prophets but the other ones are gone. I guess it'll be easier if the system is not being taxed too much. Ah well, I still downloaded some goodies, will keep on trying.

I found downloading about four modules at a time works quite well. What everyone must do is clear all active apps this should help avoiding any crashes.

I'm sure the servers are getting hammered at the moment. If you try a single module or group at a time does that complete and show up in your library? If not, could you give an example of s problem module?

Scott

Downloading one module at a time usually works, but sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem to be consistent as to which modules throw problems. If I tried to download a module, and it refreshed immediately, I would try to download something else, then come back to the "problem" module. It usually downloaded on the second (or fail that third) try. I think I was successful once in downloading two smaller modules together last night, but I don't remember clearly.

It would be helpful if some sort of error message would pop up when the connection doesn't go through.

Since we all want to install hundreds of megabytes of things, maybe a wifi bonjour sync with our desktop/laptops would be better than relying on Easy Install? I have things that aren't available via Easy Install that I'd really like to install, but have not yet seen how to do it.

Peace.

Since we all want to install hundreds of megabytes of things, maybe a wifi bonjour sync with our desktop/laptops would be better than relying on Easy Install? I have things that aren't available via Easy Install that I'd really like to install, but have not yet seen how to do it.

Peace.

The Accordance folks have stated elsewhere that wifi sync is in the works for a future revision. It wasn't ready for the first release, and they didn't want to delay release any longer. Bonjour sync has its own issues, so it's not a cure-all, but I will also be happy when it is available.

Lorinda

I think you should need to rework Easy Install process. When I choose several modules, you should display another screen with the following info:

Installing your selected module 1 of 5:

"Expositor's Bible Commentary"

=========----------- (progress bar)

15.4 MB of 39 MB, remaining time ~ 9 min

This would give me some idea how long will it take and what Accordance is doing. And once some module is downloaded, it should be registered in the app immediately. Otherwise I just download and download, 3 hours gone, then my wife picks up incoming call and all my downloads are gone in smoke

I think you should need to rework Easy Install process. When I choose several modules, you should display another screen with the following info:

Installing your selected module 1 of 5:

"Expositor's Bible Commentary"

=========----------- (progress bar)

15.4 MB of 39 MB, remaining time ~ 9 min

This would give me some idea how long will it take and what Accordance is doing. And once some module is downloaded, it should be registered in the app immediately. Otherwise I just download and download, 3 hours gone, then my wife picks up incoming call and all my downloads are gone in smoke

Trust us, we have many many improvements and reworks in the pipeline for this app. At the end, it was a decision of 'Does this absolutely have to be in 1.0, or can it wait until 1.1?' We will be implementing a progress bar, download resume/pause, and the like, but we didn't want to keep holding up 1.0 for that.

Wonderful app, great interface, incredible speed.

However, Easy Install is having a really hard time: Inconsistent listings ( at times saying no Products available ) , at times starting to download resources and just quitting the app, to listing things already downloaded and installed.

I am not at all concerned about new additions to the program at this time, the app itself works great, the speed is incredible, the search is incredible ( fastest app on my Iphone and IPAD ).

But the easy install program is not functioning properly ( Yes, taking into account servers are getting hammered ).

This is a real issue that will affect those that do not have a History with Accordance.

Thanks for a great App , I know these issues will be fixed shortly and appreciate all you do.

Grace and Peace,

Rusty+

Archived