Missing File

Ron Skrabanek

Since I updated Anchor Bible Dictionary the file seems to be missing. Any attempt to open the dictionary brings up a Where is the file for the "Anchor" text? dialogue box. I don't think it is on my hard drive anymore?

Ron Skrabanek

Acc 10.1.7

MacBook Pro

Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Mac OS X 10.7.5

When the dialog looks in the Tools folder is there an Anchor file there? If there is, go back to the Library tab, and remove Anchor from the list. Then use Add Modules to add it back.

If it is not, can you find any Anchor files in user/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems?

I don't see it either place. It doesn't show up on a search of the hard drive either.

I just copied the file over from my desktop and added the module. It works fine. I'll run update again and see what happens.

I installed the Anchor update, and when I tried to open it, I came to the Where is the file for the "Anchor" text? dialogue box again. In the tools list was Anchor.atool, but it could not be chosen.

I removed Anchor from the library and was then able to select Anchor.atool. The next dialogue box said, The location of the file "Anchor" has been changed (or it has been deleted) since Accordance accessed this file the last time.

Looking in the Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Tools folder shows that the file Anchor.atool has Zero bytes.

I cannot find user/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems.

If you press option as you open the Go menu in the Finder, you will be able to select the Library. I then usually make an alias to it for the people I help.

In case you don't find a complete Anchor there, delete the module from the Library tab and use Easy Install. The file on the server is fine, I just checked it.

• 3 weeks later...

I deleted the module from the library tab a few times and used Easy Install.

Each time the module loads and asks to install, I click OK and receive the message,

I/O Error #0 in the file "Anchor.atool"

Is it possible my connection is too slow to get the file?

I think you need to delete the old file that has 0 bytes, as Accordance seems to be unable to replace it with the full version. It's probably best to contact tech support for help via a screenshare.

I deleted the old file with 0 bytes each time in the finder after I removed it from the library. I'll try to find time to get with tech support. Thanks.