Synch the ASV (1901) to the Greek & Hebrew texts

Enoch

What I would like to have is the ASV (1901) synched to the Hebrew and Greek texts, like the KJV & the NAS95 are, so that when you hover on a word in one, it is highllit in the other (or greylit).

The rationale might be that Accordance is a serious study-tool for the Bible, and the ASV is the only serious, studious, literal English translation ever made by committees of scholars (Oxford, Cambridge + some Americans). And to demote it in importance to the NAS95 is unthinkable.

It's a lot of work to add the Key numbers, and the ASV is not that widely used, despite your ongoing advocacy. Unless there was a lot of demand from other users, I doubt we could consider it worth our while to do it.

• Like 1

I figured you thought that way, and I realize it took a lot of work; but I noticed someone else posting a remonstrance about the ASV also somewhere recently, so I thought, may as well ask. As to the ASV, I am going to need to look into adding one's own translation, since I have revised the ASV myself, getting rid of the Elizabethan English while holding on to Elizabethan plural forms with * (as in you*). The NASB original NT revision came out with youp for ye, which never caught on. I can hear Sunday school boys reading the NASB & saying youp.

Edited by Helen Brown