Keyboard Shortcut for Instant Details

Levi Durfey

Is there a keyboard shortcut to copy instant details? If not, I would like to request one.

It does not appear that I can make my own via the OSX Keyboard System pane, as it only appears in the context menu.

post-4818-0-62435800-1375290846_thumb.jpg

I made my own: ⌥⌘I using System Prefs. Just plain ⌘I will tile your windows in Accordance. If you keep tiling them by mistake, you might want to assign some other action to ⌘I.

Julie, are you saying that was the shortcut you used to "copy" instant details?

For me, all that does is turn off and on the instant details pane, but it does not copy the instant details. There are two menu items named "instant details." One is for turning on and off the instant details pane, the other is the copy instant details menu item in the context menu as seen in my screenshot in my previous post. Accordance picks up on the former first when I press the shortcut key that I make for "instant details."

Another solution I suppose would be for the Accordance team to rename one of the two so they have distinct names that shortcuts could be assigned to.

Edited by Levi Durfey

No. I think the built-in shortcut for making Instant Details window appear/disappear is ⌥⌘2. I find it easier to remember ⌥⌘I. The ⌘I is the built-in shortcut for Tiling Windows —

post-330-0-41009800-1375300697_thumb.png

However, hitting ⌘I again will not undo the process. Some choose to use ⌘I for their ID shortcut to avoid tiling windows when they don't mean to — it's a pain to "untile" them. Mac users are accustomed to using the ⌘I for Get Info. We sometimes forget when we're in Accordance. You can still tile windows by using the drop-down menu from the menu bar if you take over that shortcut for toggling the ID window.