Couple Questions about ver 11

fmcfee

Hi,

I have not been able to get the syntax cross highlighting working....it also includes hovering over the original language word..it shows nothing (used to show parsing I think and highlight the items in the original language that made up the clause, etc).....

also I cannot get any method to work to open all the scripture refs in a "cross reference" in a new tab....I have tried everything in the "using links in tools"...

These are minor, but I thought I would mention them...

Thanks

Frank

You must use the matching text: HMT-W4 with HMT-W4.syntax, and GNT28.T with GNT28.T.syntax. It's working for me in 11.

When a tool is opened in a parallel pane (NOT the Info pane) a command click (control-click in Windows) opens all the references in that paragraph in a new text tab.

Not sure why it wasn't initially implemented for the Info pane....

• Like 1

You must use the matching text: HMT-W4 with HMT-W4.syntax, and GNT28.T with GNT28.T.syntax. It's working for me in 11.

When a tool is opened in a parallel pane (NOT the Info pane) a command click (control-click in Windows) opens all the references in that paragraph in a new text tab.

Not sure why it wasn't initially implemented for the Info pane....

Helen,

Thanks for your quick response.....I got the syntax cross referencing working after I "matched" things as you suggested

I am using ESV cross references and I cannot get all the references to open....it sometimes leaves off the first or last (I never get the complete list...not sure why)....I also tried it with TSK...I opened this up in a parallel pane as you suggested.....I am scheduled to attend a webinar on 11/11 so I will ask the moderator...

Thanks so much for your help!

I just love Accordance 11!

Frank

Edited by fmcfee

The other way to open the references is to click-drag-and-hold across all the verses you want open. Just be sure that you start the click-drag after the first letter of the first reference and release before the last letter of the last one. It’s pretty neat.

The other way to open the references is to click-drag-and-hold across all the verses you want open. Just be sure that you start the click-drag after the first letter of the first reference and release before the last letter of the last one. It’s pretty neat.

Ken,

I tried that and it does seem to work on the PC or MAC..so I must be doing something wrong that is obvious except to me....

Thanks for your suggestion

Frank

This can’t be in the info pane, it must be in a “real” pane.

This can’t be in the info pane, it must be in a “real” pane.

Ken,

Thanks for your reply...I am opening the "references" in a "real pane",,,,so I will just keep trying...

Frank

Edited by fmcfee

Hmm, I’ve not seen it fail before Frank. Sorry if I was condescending, what’s the system and acc version?

Just check by watching this movie to see if you are getting the process I suggested correct. (I am sure you are, but have a look)

OpenRefs.zip