Restore iPhone Accordance data after iPhone restore

Lance

I recently had to do a backup and restore operation on my iPhone. (It was a requirement for getting my phone unlocked so I could change provider.)

I had forgotten that this results in the loss of my installed Accordance modules, notes, etc on the device.

I've now re-installed a set of data that I think resembles what I want on the phone, through a sync operation. That's fine for notes and tools. But I'm sure the particular set of texts and modules I selected isn’t exactly what I had on it before, and what I had before I had developed by trial and error over several months.

Is there a way of getting the iPhone Accordance content back to exactly what I had before the phone restore? e.g. would there be some files in my TM backup on my mac that would achieve this?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Lance,

Your user content (user notes, user tools, and highlights) are part of the data that is saved and restored during the iOS device backup and restore process. If they were not present and available to our iOS app after the restore, then that is a bug.

As you rightly noted, purchased module content is not part of the device backup data and therefore is not present after the iOS device restore. We've talked internally about "remembering" what purchased module content was installed and offering to download that particular set of modules the very next time a user opens the Easy Install view or goes to sync with the desktop app. It just hasn't progressed much beyond the initial discussion stage at this point. User feedback like yours helps us set the priority of new features or enhancements so we'll definitely be adding you "vote" to the list of possible features added in the future.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

Thanks, Scott. Yes definitely a +1 from me for such a feature.

btw - I can't say whether the user notes etc were in the initial restore, because I didn't check for them at the time.

• 7 years later...

Here to log the same feature request.

Many situations can lead to a full device restore, e.g. cracking the screen followed by AppleCare device replacement. In this situation, even though the Mac iPhone backup is complete and has all modules, Accordance decides it is time to wipe everything and make you reinstall it.

This issue, combined with the broken WiFi sync results in rather lengthy unavailability of devices while they download modules.

• Like 1

1+

Reinstallation of modules is painful!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Here is the question for you guys, Do you lose the modules or do you also lose the library organization?

I have spent huge amount of time organizing my ipad accordance library. If i purchase a new ipad, do I have to reorganize the whole thing? If so, that would be, in my opinion, probably the most painful bug.

Dan,

Currently we save neither modules nor library organization through i(Pad)OS backup/restore cycles. Part of it is for historical OS reasons. It's something that has been on our radar, but we have not gotten to working through it. 

Graham,

I don't think you need to save modules or library organization. In fact, the app works fine after a backup restore cycle, you just need to trust that the modules that are restored are legit.

In a sense, it seems the needed feature involves the removal of code, not the addition of it.