Combining modules in one pane

Chuck Schneider

Many of my tools are in at least two parts (i.e., OT/NT) and some are only either OT or NT. Some of my texts are also only either OT or NT.

Would it be possible to combine in (or assign modules to) a single tab or pane so that, when the text moves from an OT verse to an NT verse, the tied tools will follow in the same pane without the need to click on their respective tabs?

Having tabs for each of the OT/NT portions of each commentary makes access kind of tedious when moving back and forth from OT to NT. It means clicking the various OT/NT tabs of the various commentaries after each move one way or the other.

It would also be more convenient to combine OT/NT texts in a single tabbed pane as well.

Is that like the, "honey do this" and "honey do that" that I'm so familiar with at home? :)

I'm looking forward to that in any case! :)

Thanks Helen!

• 6 months later...

Yes, it didn't make it to the upcoming 10.1.5 but it will be in 10.2 in just a few weeks.

• Like 2

Wow!

Helen, that's exciting. If I recall, 10.2 is the one you all have said will have more integrated/supported Dropbox functionality. Looking forward to it!

Perhaps "Dr. J." will consider a podcast on either that or on the combining OT/NT texts into one pane, as mentioned here?

Great news, really looking forward to using this feature in my saved workspaces.

Afterthought: will be able to combine multiple commentaries for different ranges, such as one for the synoptics, one for John, a different one for the Pauline epistles, etc… or just one for the OT and one for the NT?

Helen, that's exciting. If I recall, 10.2 is the one you all have said will have more integrated/supported Dropbox functionality. Looking forward to it!

Perhaps "Dr. J." will consider a podcast on either that or on the combining OT/NT texts into one pane, as mentioned here?

I am really excited about this new feature as well. It's something we've wanted for a long time--and you can count on a podcast as soon as it is released.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi! Dr. J;

Last webinar you show us an screen with different dictionaries in one "combined" Tab. Is this feature already release in Accordance 10.3.1? Could you guide me in structure this in my "Essential" package?

Regards!

Hi Omar, I believe if you open the first dictionary from the library it will open on a new zone. Then click on the plus sign next to the tab and you can add the other dictionaries you want onto the same zone on different tabs. You can also keep opening them from the library and they will open up as a new tab in the zone that is active. Is that what you want to do?

Edited by davidmedina