Persisting User Tool Problem

Julia Falling

Hey - I am continuing to have problems adding Scripture links to my User Tools. I have tried importing html, copying and pasting the document then adding links. I have successfully created several User Tools from the same source but it just stopped working. I just did a test where I typed a couple of references in TextEit, created a new User Tool (imaginatively named "test") and copied the few references into the edit window. I then added Scripture links and got what is shown in the attached screen shots. I'm baffled. I've run Font Fixer. I've "resolved duplicates" in Font Book. Any ideas? I get the same result on my Dual G5 and my iBook.

Since I do not get the problem when you send me the tool, it must be on your Macs. Perhaps try removing the Accordance Preferences from your user.

Helen - You mean going Home>Library>Preferences>Accordance Preferences, and then trashing the Accordance Preferences folder, right? Then I go back to default preferences and reset them if I so desire? Just want to confirm before I do anything.

Right, but I would move or rename them so that if it doesn't work you can put them back and not have to reset everything.

Helen - Thanks. It worked! I'm not physically jumping up and down, but I am on the inside. I can now just reset prefs and get everything else straightened out, then move the fixed Accordance Preferences folder to the iBook. I was unable to open Athanasius - Accordance wouldn't take my Unlock Code.

• 5 months later...

Erasing the preferences also fixed my font display problem (Accordance 8.02 on intel ibook), see the attached picture; not only is the font bold but the letters run on top of each other for some words. Thank you. Beno

post-17857-1215574189_thumb.png

Archived