renaming folders

Dennis M Callies

I am trying to organize my Library in Accordance 11. I am stymied trying to name or rename new folders. I select the folder's name, and it looks like it is receptive to the keyboard's typing. But there is no cursor or any accepted input. Any suggestions?

Hi Dennis, Windows or Mac? What version of Accordance?

You should be just able to type in...

Accordance 11.0.2. OS X 10.1. I thought I should just able to, too.

Just a note, on my install which is the same as yours, I can just click and type no problem. Do you have any programs intercepting input? Auto-completers or anything like that?

For me it takes three clicks, one to select the folder, one to select the name, and one to position the cursor.

2 Clicks for me. As soon as I get the black box around the text I can type in.

Same as if I use the “rename” item from the contextual menu

Later after having read the posted replies, I quit Accordance, and, lo and behold, when I next opened Accordance, I was able to name my new folders and drag and drop the modules where I wanted them. However when I got to the folder named Parallels any attempt to drage and drop a module from that folder to another folder, that module just slipped back to its Parallels folder. This does not happen when I move other modules to other folders.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Hi Dennis, Parallels is a special item that can only live in the Parallels folder. So, you are not out of step, or in a pickle. That is by design,