How can I switch test after a search?

davidmedina

Why I am not able to change versions of the Bible after a search to see how it is on another version. What am I missing?

I am looking for the verse in Philippians that talks about Paul counting all lost for the sake of knowing Jesus. I am using the word "dung" which I know is used in the KJV. Do my search, limit it to the epistles, and Accordance gives me the expected result. I then select to see it in context.

Now I want to switch from KJV to the ESV (or any other Bible) to see how those verses are rendered in the ESV. I can't find a way to do it. The drop down menu at the top is no longer available to easily switch versions. If I go to the library and select another previously used text it does not show the verses found. I am force to then select the book, chapter and verse for the finding.

Why I cannot easily switch between versions? Is there a way to do it?

You can always open the parallel pane and show whatever Bible you want in parallel. You can also open the search interface and simply change the bible being used for the primary pane.

Thank Scott. I knew of those alternative but they are not what I was hoping for. They are at best work around.

Parallel method is fine IF I am looking to do parallels. I just want to cycle through versions quickly like I can when not dealing with a search.

The other way you suggest won't work because as I said the word Dung (my search word) only appears in the KJV and not on most other Bible so accordance simply tells me, word not found.

That part at least would be solved if the iOS app would allow a search all bibles feature, but it does not.

Edited by davidmedina

When you do a "Show in Context" on a verse a new text pane is opened showing your selected verse in the full context of your current bible. I'm talking about using that view to show another bible in parallel or use the search interface in that view to cycle though other bibles since you'll be doing a verse search by default. Once you're done, you can then go back to your original view.

Edited by Scott Knapp