Devotional readings display glitch

Lance

Moving the Library button to the top left toolbar has produced a display problem when using a devotional reading plan. I don't know the correct terminology, but I'm referring to when you enlarge the text panel within the devotional tool view, by dragging the little box right to left (in landscape). If you drag it right across so the text references are hidden (which is how I prefer to use it) you end up with the tool title "sliding under" the Library button, and then the Library button won't work.

Related to this … In my aesthetic opinion, the old parallel lines for resizing the text panel looked cleaner than the new box thingy.

Moving the Library button to the top left toolbar has produced a display problem when using a devotional reading plan. I don't know the correct terminology, but I'm referring to when you enlarge the text panel within the devotional tool view, by dragging the little box right to left (in landscape). If you drag it right across so the text references are hidden (which is how I prefer to use it) you end up with the tool title "sliding under" the Library button, and then the Library button won't work.

Related to this … In my aesthetic opinion, the old parallel lines for resizing the text panel looked cleaner than the new box thingy.

Can you post a screen shot?

Attaching a series of screencaps showing the progression of the last few centimetres of the resizing action. The Library button works in all but the last stage which is where the module title gets 'blended' with the button.

post-272-0-89309600-1357000279_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-63925100-1357000297_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-14530400-1357000318_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-52463600-1357000335_thumb.jpg

I see now; I did notice that but couldn't think of a reason why it would be feasible to keep the position there. The devotional view is somewhat unique. We should probably set a minimum threshold that the pane divider can be moved to since we can't really do much more to truncate the buttons and text in the toolbar. If you want some sort of expanded text view to read from, touch and hold on the verse reference in the text pane, then 'show in context' to read the text in its own view.

• Like 1

If you want some sort of expanded text view to read from, touch and hold on the verse reference in the text pane, then 'show in context' to read the text in its own view.

Ah …. :o Now why did I never think of that? Much more useful too. Thanks :)

• Like 1