Mini updated BDAG

mikes

Just heard about this hitting paper in november:

The Concise Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament. You can pre-order for $55 to be shipped sometime around november.

Basically an updated, mini-BDAG! I would LOVE to see this in Accordance and I know how long it will take! ANY feedback regarding at least interest would be nice to know.

Here's the description from the site:

Frederick William Danker, a world-renowned scholar of New Testament Greek, is widely acclaimed for his 2000 revision of Walter Bauer
  • Like 1

I think this would be an awesome addition. I currently have the Shorter Lexicon of the Greek NT by Gingrich & Danker in paper and love it. The Concise Dictionary sounds similar.

Err... what is the benefit of a concise lexicon in electronic form? Your computer doesn't get smaller and lighter.

• Like 2

Err... what is the benefit of a concise lexicon in electronic form? Your computer doesn't get smaller and lighter.

I would think, 1) price and 2) those of us who aren't Greek Scholars, but would still like a good (enough) gloss. While I want BDAG and HALOT, $200+ for dictionary (ahem, sorry lexicons) is a tad much (for my budget).

I'd personally like it. Just my $0.02.

And actually, I like "lighter" in terms of less stuff, higher quality, or less information to allow me to access and use that information instead of having "more" in terms of stuff I won't use.

I want to encourage Accordance to acquire this module. When I was with a former Bible Software program four years ago, it was the concise BDAG that I used for my popup window! I miss that substantive short lexicon. I would love to be able to have The Concise Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament as my popup lexicon for Accordance.

Remember that this book isn't even published yet, so it will inevitably be a long while before we can release it in Accordance.

• 3 years later...

Helen,

Has there been any update on the status of this book being available for Accordance? It's been in print form for a few years now. It does bring benefits to it which BDAG doesn't have (particularly meaning-phrases rather than single word glosses).

thanks,

Kristan

Sydney

Australia

We are working on so much, and there hasn't been a demand for this, so I don't think we are pursuing it at present.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any update on Danker's Concise Greek-English Lexicon? Would love to see it in Accordance!