AppleCare Support: If All Else Fails...

Dr. Nathan Parker

This is probably off topic, but I wanted to share something that worked for me when dealing with AppleCare's Support team. Recently I had a simple issue with my wireless mighty mouse, & I called AppleCare for an under warranty replacement. They gave me every excuse in the book why they shouldn't replace it. First it was because my PowerBook's warranty had expired, which was not the case since the mouse had a separate warranty. Then they finally said they'd give me a replacement mouse under warranty if I gave them a credit card first for verification. When I refused, they refused to help me.

So what did I do???

I went to the top. I wrote a nice business letter explaining my issue (& I also told that I'm buying Accordance soon), printed it off on my LED printer on my expensive, hand crafted blue granite parchment paper, & sent it certified mail to Steve Jobs himself. A few days later got the signature back with a Steve Jobs signature on it & a phone call from an Apple executive telling he'd rush me out a new mouse overnight, & the moment I got it back he called to make sure I was satisfied.

So I just wanted to encourage all Mac users out there, if you ever have trouble with AppleCare (which was rare, they usually fixed me right up), get out your fancy printer & go buy some business paper & write a letter to Steve Jobs, then pray, & you should be fixed right up! They were impressed with my letter & am glad I want to use my Mac to study the Bible.

I don't care if that was off-topic. That's a great story. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

HAHAHAHAHA! Well, I did get Steve's autograph in an unusual way! I really didn't know what the outcome was going to be. I thought I'd have to drag my defect mouse to Georgia with me & swap it at the Apple Store on the way up here. But I tried writing the letter first & it worked! I told who I was, what I did with my Mac, what I needed fixed, & what Apple needed to do to make their Support better, & got a response! A friend of mine couldn't believe it when I got a response either. Now Steve Jobs is even using the names "Nathan" & "Parker" in his keynote presentation & on his website. He never did that before. It's just not everyday he receives a very professional letter over a very simple issue. I guess my keyboarding, English classes, & my LED printer paid off! :)

Archived