printing multiple panes from selection

thomasjahl

I'm on 9.4.1 now. WhenI have several panes open (e.g. right now, two texts and one tool) and select a section of text in the first pane, then "print selection" I get a page that has only the first pane showing. It is positioned where you would expect it to be in the upper left of a sheet. The name of the column for the other text appears (on the left, though) but no text. A similar pattern emerges when I make a selection in another pane. I get only the selected material.... The output is spaced into columns as you'd expect, but only the first column is used (i.e., if I am making a selection of material in a right side pane, the output still goes into column "1"workspace.pdfPreview of

No, this is not a problem in following instructions, but a change in the way the printing works from a prior version. During this time we had the OS update that made some printing resources unhappy, and an HP printing update.

Yes, we did change this for technical reasons. I think you will need to limit the verses shown in the window by adding a range, then you can print the desired verses with the parallel panes.

Thanks, but I'm not sure how to get this. When I do a verse search on, say Acts 15.1-41, the verses show as marked, but the window will still contains the entire text from Gen-Rev. text. A "verse" search does not allow a search range, but a word search does (but the "Print Selection" option only lights up when a section of text is "highlighted"). Setting the range and doing a word search (on "word" arbitrarily) with the range set to Acts 15, marks the hits but the window still contains all the text.

You must have the context set to All, otherwise it wouldn't display like this. If you set it to 0 it would display just the requested verses.

OK, it works as expected when you "just" print the displayed panes ... "print selection" only works when text is highlighted, and only prints the highlighted text. Thanks

Archived