Questions on how Accordance updates, new computers, multiple computers

James Whitmore

Hi,

What happens if you upgrade your computer's operating system from OSX 10.4 to a newer system and you already have Accordance installed? Does it have any problems? Also if I were to replace my computer in the next few years, how would I transfer accordance, do I need the primary disc? If I use easy install, what recourse do I have if my computer crashes? Would I still have rights for another download? Also can I install the program on multiple family computers via easy install or would I need the disc?

thanks for your help. I couldn't find any answers on this.

James: As long as you have a current version of Accordance it will work on any present Mac OS, and we'll release updates if there is ever a problem with a new OS.

You don't need the Primary disk now, as almost all Accordance modules are available for Easy Install (downoad directly into Accordance). There is no technical limit on the number of downloads from your account. There is a moral/legal limit, though.

If you purchase one copy of Accordance it is intended for one user or one device. This means that one user can use it on as many devices (computers or mobiles) as he wishes, and for as long as he wishes. Or it can be installed on one device and accessed by multiple people, as in a library, or for a family. However, if you want members of your family to install it on their computers or mobiles, you should consider a family license which gives you 30% discount off items that you buy for more than one person. We aren't too fussy about occasional use by a spouse or children, but for regular study or professional work, they should have their own copies. Grown children can take those copies with them.

James: As long as you have a current version of Accordance it will work on any present Mac OS, and we'll release updates if there is ever a problem with a new OS.

You don't need the Primary disk now, as almost all Accordance modules are available for Easy Install (downoad directly into Accordance). There is no technical limit on the number of downloads from your account. There is a moral/legal limit, though.

If you purchase one copy of Accordance it is intended for one user or one device. This means that one user can use it on as many devices (computers or mobiles) as he wishes, and for as long as he wishes. Or it can be installed on one device and accessed by multiple people, as in a library, or for a family. However, if you want members of your family to install it on their computers or mobiles, you should consider a family license which gives you 30% discount off items that you buy for more than one person. We aren't too fussy about occasional use by a spouse or children, but for regular study or professional work, they should have their own copies. Grown children can take those copies with them.

Thanks for the fast and helpful replies. Another oft mentioned perk of Accordance. Very helpful to know that I could install on my laptop and a desktop(If I get one in the future) without hassle. I shall probably be purchasing Scholars introductory package fairly soon.

Helen,

I am still amazed, and profoundly grateful, for the generous agreement Accordance has with customers! I have Accordance installed on three computers (home, office, and laptop for travel), as well as my iPhone. I am the only user of any of these devices, but I do end up using Accordance on at least three different devices each day. My life would be a LOT more difficult if I had to limit myself to just two devices (and it would probably keep me from investing in the many great sets of books Accordance makes available).

• 1 month later...

Greetings. I have used Accordance on MBP for almost four years. This last weekend I purchased a new iMac. I had Accordance copied onto the new computer. And it works great. However, for updates (now 9.5, needs 9.5.1). I cannot download the upgrade to the iMac. It starts, but after supposedly downloading, it stops. And there is no file anywhere on the computer. Do I need to upgrade through the MBP? If so, how then do I transfer that upgrade to the iMac?

Greetings. I have used Accordance on MBP for almost four years. This last weekend I purchased a new iMac. I had Accordance copied onto the new computer. And it works great. However, for updates (now 9.5, needs 9.5.1). I cannot download the upgrade to the iMac. It starts, but after supposedly downloading, it stops. And there is no file anywhere on the computer. Do I need to upgrade through the MBP? If so, how then do I transfer that upgrade to the iMac?

My advice would be to download the installer program directly from the website at: http://www.accordancebible.com/downloads/program_installers.php.

I would think running the installer on whichever computer should work fine.

Other more competent users may have a different/ better answer

• 2 years later...

So, if I understand you correctly, if my phone or computer breaks when I've Accordance installed on it, I will be able to install Accordance and sign in on a different device with no penalty? And I'll be able to do this for a potentially infinite number of devices?

[Chuckle] As long as you are the owner and only user of those "potentially infinite number of devices," yes.

[OK, what Helen said, below.]

So, if I understand you correctly, if my phone or computer breaks when I've Accordance installed on it, I will be able to install Accordance and sign in on a different device with no penalty? And I'll be able to do this for a potentially infinite number of devices?

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Well, our EULA has changed since 2011, and legally we limit you to 5 devices at any one time, and for your own personal use.

Rich,

If by "9.5.1", you mean Accordance 9.5.1, let me encourage you to upgrade to Accordance 10. Your life will suddenly get much simpler.

I spoke with a young woman last week who put off upgrading to 10 until she finished her dissertation. She's kicking herself for all the extra work she did, work that Accordance 10 would have made much, much simpler.

• 2 years later...

I realize this is an old thread, but if anyone is still watching, I'm hoping to get a question answered here or via a pointer to another thread.

I have the following installed on my main Windows laptop:  Accordance 12 Starter collection, Graphics Pro Add-on, a few other individual resource purchases.  I would like to install it all on my old (but faithful) backup Windows laptop and on my Windows desktop.  I'm hoping to learn the following.

Is there more than one way to go about it?  If only one way, what is "the" process?

If more than one way, what are the options and what are the benefits of each?

Thank you!

We recommend only one way, to download the latest rev of your version of Accordance to each machine, allow Accordance to be installed and to log into your account, and let Accordance download the contents for each machine. Although there are ways to copy files over from one installation to another, it is not recommended as it often does not work as expected.

We recommend only one way, to download the latest rev of your version of Accordance to each machine, allow Accordance to be installed and to log into your account, and let Accordance download the contents for each machine. Although there are ways to copy files over from one installation to another, it is not recommended as it often does not work as expected.

Thank you, Helen!  I appreciate the quick reply.  I expected the application would for sure need to be downloaded to each machine in order to install it, but was hoping it would be possible to copy all the resources from one machine to another to avoid duplicating the download process each time for all the resources.  I understand doing that may not work as expected, but I'd be willing to give it a go if there's a documented procedure anywhere for trying it.  I suppose the worst case scenario is that I'd have to do some cleanup on the other machine(s) if there's a glitch and go about it again using the full resource download method.

Either way, thanks again for the helping hand.  It's much appreciated!  :rolleyes: