Timothy Jenney

[intermediate] Accordance 9.6.4 dramatically improves the ease and functionality of its diagramming feature. Join Dr. J as he reviews these changes, including colored and bold objects, handles for selecting and growing all items, and proportional growing of groups. This podcast features examples of sentence diagrams, poetic versification, sentence flow-charting, and Bible arcing—all constructed using Accordance's diagramming feature.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Interesting...

But the teaser... what is coming soon?

What indeed :-)

Inquiring minds want to know...

Accordance 10?

I would venture a guess that it's Accordance 10! Given the release cycle of the previous three versions, it's about due.

Accordance 10: 2012 July/August?

Accordance 9: 2010 September

Accordance 8: 2008 May

Accordance 7: 2006 May

Not to mention… what looked like a new Accordance icon in David's dock from a recent blog post. ;-)

Can't wait to see the improvements!

• 1 month later...

I would like to understand how to use Accordance for sentence flow-charting as shown in this video. I've been experimenting a little with this study method in Pages but obviously it would be much better if I could do it within Accordance itself. At some point I may also expand and do sentence diagramming but right now that's more than I'm ready to do. Dr. J or anyone, can you help?

Hi Paul,

Have you had a look at podcast #32 "Sentence Diagramming". Search on iTunes or download direct from here and the help files here

file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/06_braa/diagram_sentence_structure.htm

Then please feel free to ask any questions...

I have viewed podcasts 32 and 76 numerous times. They are helpful but not dedicated to block diagramming. I tried to do a couple of verses last night and it felt quite cumbersome. Perhaps the diagramming tool isn't the best choice and I should consider a user note or tool?