Page Turning?

Greg Terry

I would find it EXTREMELY useful for Accordance for IOS to have the ability to turn the page with a touch or swipe to the screen. Give the user a choice and add both. As it is now, reading anything more than a verse or two is excruciating due to having to swipe up or down to view another screen. This one thing greatly limits the use of this app for me. This is especially critical in many of the extra-biblical texts that Accordance offers.

If there is some way of enabling this that I have missed, please enlighten me.

This one thing would make a marked improvement to the utility of this app.

I would find it EXTREMELY useful for Accordance for IOS to have the ability to turn the page with a touch or swipe to the screen. Give the user a choice and add both. As it is now, reading anything more than a verse or two is excruciating due to having to swipe up or down to view another screen. This one thing greatly limits the use of this app for me. This is especially critical in many of the extra-biblical texts that Accordance offers.

Greg,

We've also had several users compliment us on NOT forcing paging in the manner you describe above. In the end, we'll probably end up offering users the choice. But don't expect this option for a while.

Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

Comment removed due to inconsiderate and rude remark by me.

Sorry, Scott and team

• 2 months later...

Sorry didn't mean that to sound so critical. I am quite glad to have the IOS version of Accordance and be able to have many of my resources available with me. I was frustrated at the time with being so close to having something to take the prominent place of a Bible program on my iPod.

However, I would still request the ability to turn the page by touching the left or right half of the screen. Nearly every eReading program or device has this capability I suspect because it is has been proven through research that it is a better ergonomic solution. I would welcome this capability. Especially with an ipod, this feature makes for an excellent comfortable one-handed reading solution.

Until then, thanks for an already very fine product and I regret it if my previous remarks were a bit too critical sounding.

• 1 month later...

Might I suggest a sticky scroll. That you could put the option that when someone taps a certain area it scrolls to the next set of results. Most of the problem with scrolling is that it takes much more attention to not miss the first new result. If you had a sticky scroll the first result or verse not seen could become the first result at the top.

I second that request. My personal reading experiences on Bible Reader, Kindle or iBooks are so much better than in Accordance.

• 1 month later...

There is no reason to "force" users to turn pages. But those of us who would prefer page turns are being "forced" to scroll. Why not offer it as an option? Please.

I would also like to suggest that daily Bible readings open in a new full page window. The current implementation is not really usable in my judgment. I absolutely love Accordance on the Mac and would like it to be my app of choice on iOS; it absolutely would be with the two small improvements. Please.

There is no reason to "force" users to turn pages. But those of us who would prefer page turns are being "forced" to scroll. Why not offer it as an option? Please.

I would also like to suggest that daily Bible readings open in a new full page window. The current implementation is not really usable in my judgment. I absolutely love Accordance on the Mac and would like it to be my app of choice on iOS; it absolutely would be with the two small improvements. Please.

As I noted back in March we plan to eventually add paging of content as a choice. But I cannot offer any timetable for when "eventually" is at this point.

We are planning a much better user experience for devotional tools in the next release of the iOS app

Thanks for the feedback,

Scott

Scott:

As I have said before I appreciate the work you and your team have done on the iOS Accordance App and look forward to each version of it. Thanks for all your efforts at appeasing all the different requests from the users.

However, I would still request the ability to turn the page by touching the left or right half of the screen. Nearly every eReading program or device has this capability I suspect because it is has been proven through research that it is a better ergonomic solution. I would welcome this capability. Especially with an ipod, this feature makes for an excellent comfortable one-handed reading solution.

Until then, thanks for an already very fine product and I regret it if my previous remarks were a bit too critical sounding.

Pagination is good (maybe) for single book reading, not for serious Bible studies - when I have a split screen open and I need the Bible text to be in sync with the commentaries or user notes. Pagination doesn't allow me scroll one verse up to get commentary on that verse. I don't think pagination as very important if Accordance is used as a tool for studies. Anyway, my 2 cents

Archived